Prowler Problems

jonnyboy

My new prowler has had to go back after just a week of fun in the sun.

I am Gutted. I landed on friday after a good session out off Portland Breakwater when i noticed a nast looking lump on the left hand side of the keel at the front of th eboat. It was about the size of two fists. I thought that the fact that it was pulling to the right all th etime was the fact that i was a crap paddler, but this wont have been helping at all

Took it back to Bournemouth Canoes and they were GREAT about it, phoned Johnsons and a replacement should be on its way, but i cant live without it!!!!!!, Anyone else had any probs with the prowler. I hope they dont send a replacement with the new graphics of the fish on the front, I dont like that one!!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bournemouth Canoes are a quality outfit, sure you'll be back on the water real soon.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Bournemouth Canoes are a quality outfit, sure you'll be back on the water real soon.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

My new prowler has had to go back after just a week of fun in the sun.

I am Gutted. I landed on friday after a good session out off Portland Breakwater when i noticed a nast looking lump on the left hand side of the keel at the front of th eboat. It was about the size of two fists. I thought that the fact that it was pulling to the right all th etime was the fact that i was a crap paddler, but this wont have been helping at all

Took it back to Bournemouth Canoes and they were GREAT about it, phoned Johnsons and a replacement should be on its way, but i cant live without it!!!!!!, Anyone else had any probs with the prowler. I hope they dont send a replacement with the new graphics of the fish on the front, I dont like that one!!

Have got a prowler on order. I will give it a good once over before leaving the shop.

Thanks for the warning. :blink:

OC PROWLER 13 ANGLER

A bad day's fishing is a good day's Yakking!

Hi,

I got my Prowler 13 early in the year when there was alot of fuss about the US boats and their scupper holes. I was sent a NZ boat and found that it had a large bulge on one side of the keel in front of the footwell scuppers.

To be fair to Brighton Canoes they took it back and sent a new US boat which touch wood has been fine over the summer.

The key has got to be to give the boat a really good look over when you get it. I checked out the scupper holes and the deck and made sure that there were no bad scrapes but it didn't occur to me that the hull might be misshaped.

On the whole I must say that I have been very pleased with the boat though.

agreed, Chris is a top bloke. I looked over a lot of shops selling prowlers and as soon as i went in I thought, Wow, these guys know thier onions, and decided to buy there and then.

Lets hope they can pull something out of the bag for me!!

Hi,

I got my Prowler 13 early in the year when there was alot of fuss about the US boats and their scupper holes. I was sent a NZ boat and found that it had a large bulge on one side of the keel in front of the footwell scuppers.

To be fair to Brighton Canoes they took it back and sent a new US boat which touch wood has been fine over the summer.

The key has got to be to give the boat a really good look over when you get it. I checked out the scupper holes and the deck and made sure that there were no bad scrapes but it didn't occur to me that the hull might be misshaped.

On the whole I must say that I have been very pleased with the boat though.

Thats where my "bulge" was :blink:

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

A friend suggested thinking about my grandma but the bulge still wouldn't go away :lol:

As long as it didn't get anybigger, that would be very worrying :huh::lol:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Just had a phonecall from Bournemouth canoes, replacement Prowler is waiting there now for me. less than a week after taking my old one back. :):):):)

Now that is good service!. I know they have 6 in stock now if anyone is thinking of making a purchase!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk