Prowler Owners

YakDiver

Tell me about it ----I ruined the electric key thingy on the company van by storing it in the centre hatch :wallbash:

My centre hatch also lets in a little water, so I now keep keys and phone in a small plastic container, inside the hatch.

I discovered that a small screw-top Swarfega plastic jar fits perfectly.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can laugh, but I had a home-made bike trailer which attached to my yak (on its yak trolly) and could tow it the 5 min ride to the beach :yeah: Worked a treat :)

SDD~~~~~~~~~ :sun:

Where did you stow a pushbike - in the hatch ?

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Having done a couple of tests :) in the surf at tywyn last weekend i have found that some water can get into the main hull of the prowler if you wipe out but only about a glass full nothing to be too concerned about, you can also get water in the hull if you accidently forget to replace the drain plug on the front before going out as well :oops: .when correctly fastened and assuming you avoid wipeing out in the surf i have found no water generally gets into the hull.As for capsizing i would think that if the hull is airtight then no water will get in through the hatch if it is totally immersed because for the water to get in the air would have to be able to get out(try pushing an empty glass upside down into a bowl of water you will note the water cannot get in because the air cannot get out) you only risk getting water in when righting the kayak if the hatch cover becomes detached or is loose.of course this does assume that your kayak is relatively airtight.

As for the centre hatch i found the only water that go into this was water that was sitting in the recesses in the cover that got in when i opened the hatch.

I had the same concerns so I made a drum skin cover out of butyl pond liner that goes on before replacing the hatch. it works well.

Cheers

Chris

with regard to the hatch between your knees there is a rubber o ring on the lid keep it well lubricated with either silicon grease or at a push vaselene same applies to those plano boxes supplied the rings need greasing to form the seal . also a touch on the thread of the hatch helps .

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

with regard to the hatch between your knees there is a rubber o ring on the lid keep it well lubricated with either silicon grease or at a push vaselene same applies to those plano boxes supplied the rings need greasing to form the seal . also a touch on the thread of the hatch helps .
:thumbs: That worked well on my centre Hatch but not on the Plano box.

zzippy2.gif