New camera

MarkSpod

wow..you really bought that photo to life steve....very crisp !!

it was a nice photo anyway but that really makes a difference....... :)

Mark, Nikon 70s is set to under expose by half a stop or so. The idea is that Nikon expect you to 'PS' the picture, gards against burn out, I think thats the idea?? Steve :huh:

You can also put a little 'picture sharp' via the menu and ad that '+ 1/3 or 1/2 stop' as you wish, as well as adjust the colour ballance to your liking. Nikon colour balance comes out a little cool as standard but it is deemed according to the magazine and review pundits to be 'true to the natural colour'?

Steve has livend things up considerably, and I suspect it is within that allowed in the competition?? lets see:

Orcid.jpg

There you go mate, same as Steve's, (I think?) 'Auto level' and one click on 'Sharpen'. All set to have a go in the comp. Why the interest?, I have a D70s, was going to change things around, but I think I'm going to stay as I am and put some money to new glass?

I would suggest thats a good example to anyone who is looking at the site, no 'jiggery pokery' all simple stuff, within the scope of anyone? No need to buy the £700 pound PS!!! 'PS Elements 4' can be had from Amazon at about £35, does an excellent job with a few nobs and whistles left out, other wise its as good as the full blown version. I'm told that 'PS Elements 5', just out, is even closer to the full version?

CJS2 Cliff :ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

JK, with all due respect mate, its simple we want, dont frighten them, showing off what you can do! It aint eligible under comp rules! :huh:

Lol you would be surprised how simple it was to do :)

Also it show creativity, now it is isolated you could cut it out and make a nice border from it :)

Like so:

FlowerIsolatedBorder.jpg

Photography is art and using your creative skills to use your pictures in more than one way :)

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg