just wondering why

barry luxton

As Stevenson and co have admitted to 37 offences, yet to be sentenced, unless it was behind closed doors, for fishing scams, why have they the right to try and influence the spending of ratepayers monies. Within this link they, i assume don't like it when the guys who have a responsibility for the ratepayers money try to install a 'new broom'.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/homepagene...il/article.html

Because of their criminal actions, they have proberbly affected the lives of many around them, why should they have further input on how the port is run, don't make sence.

http://www.newlyn.info/content/view/493/1/

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Stevenson and co have admitted to 37 offences, yet to be sentenced, unless it was behind closed doors, for fishing scams, why have they the right to try and influence the spending of ratepayers monies. Within this link they, i assume don't like it when the guys who have a responsibility for the ratepayers money try to install a 'new broom'.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/homepagene...il/article.html

Because of their criminal actions, they have proberbly affected the lives of many around them, why should they have further input on how the port is run, don't make sence.

Hi Barry,

I live a long way from Newlyn but the Stevensons certainly hit headlines for the wrong reasons and that the only way i know of them.

Saying that, I always get curious when lots of money and a "clearly identified baddie" is involved.

What's the story with this Newlyn development? Do you think its good or bad?

I noticed that this 5 million of public money is paying for various government offices on the pier, a market "theater" ; as opposed to a market, and, of course, a Heritage center. FWIW, we also are getting nice a heritage center, fancy cafe serving overpriced frozen seafood and wee blocks of flats and a marina - all much nicer than those dirty, smelly weird fishing boats we used to have ;)

Never mind the "baddie" , wheres the money going in all this and is it good or bad for the readers of this forum?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

I said I would not post on this forum again, but I guess I'm inexorably involved with 'damage limitation' with regard to destructive, extrusive fishing methods ....

Consider Elizabeth Stevenson as the Arthur Scargill of commercial fishing as it exists in the UK now.

codfishing_603283.jpg

:angry:

I said I would not post on this forum again, but I guess I'm inexorably involved with 'damage limitation' with regard to destructive, extrusive fishing methods ....

Consider Elizabeth Stevenson as the Arthur Scargill of commercial fishing as it exists in the UK now.

codfishing_603283.jpg

Then i take it you nothing to shed on this issue, other than your usual personal attacks? Never met Eliziabeth Stevenson myself so no idea if your hatred of her is justified.

Have you an opinion on the changes at Newlyn that is not framed by your hatred of others?

I

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Silly Chap ...

I do not harbour any 'hatred' and certainly not aimed at any individual.

I'm an angler who has seen 50 years of industry mismanagement from the regulators and the participants.

I would like (from my point of view, if that's allowed?) to see sustainable extractive methods used for native coastal fish populations and moderation by the big pelagic players.

Right now I'm tight behind the regulators because of the sad state of our inshore waters.

I can show you how my nearest (I live at Groyne 26) beaches have been ethnically(?) cleansed of marketable fishes and their ecosystems by finfishers and shellfishers ...

it's the Goby Desert.

HaylingIslandtrawlers.jpg

I caught one codling on Saturday night (early fish) and I see indiscriminate inshore trawlers, shellfish dredgers and longliners koofing up all reachable waters around the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtm...abycatch113.xml

Good luck with your career/livelihood.

I hope you teach/encourage your young folks another trade/occupation.

<_<

Guest challenge

codfishing_603283.jpg

Hello H.A.

I don’t know Elizabeth Stevenson and I don’t know much about her except the odd snippets that I have read.

You describe her as the Arthur Scargill of the fishing industry? Do you know Arthur Scargill? Because from the snippets I have read about Elizabeth Stevenson, I don’t see the connection?

Regards.

Silly Chap ...

I do not harbour any 'hatred' and certainly not aimed at any individual.

I'm an angler who has seen 50 years of industry mismanagement from the regulators and the participants.

I would like (from my point of view, if that's allowed?) to see sustainable extractive methods used for native coastal fish populations and moderation by the big pelagic players.

Right now I'm tight behind the regulators because of the sad state of our inshore waters.

I can show you how my nearest (I live at Groyne 26) beaches have been ethnically(?) cleansed of marketable fishes and their ecosystems by finfishers and shellfishers ...

it's the Goby Desert.

HaylingIslandtrawlers.jpg

I caught one codling on Saturday night (early fish) and I see indiscriminate inshore trawlers, shellfish dredgers and longliners koofing up all reachable waters around the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtm...abycatch113.xml

Good luck with your career/livelihood.

I hope you teach/encourage your young folks another trade/occupation.

<_<

Move to Hailsham. I have a regular customer who buys shads for his wreck fishing trips not far from you. His last days fishing included 3 cod over 10 pounds and 2 pollock pushing 20 pounds. Sounds to me like you have some excellent fishing not far away and you werent even aware of it.

Hi Barry,

I live a long way from Newlyn but the Stevensons certainly hit headlines for the wrong reasons and that the only way i know of them.

Saying that, I always get curious when lots of money and a "clearly identified baddie" is involved.

What's the story with this Newlyn development? Do you think its good or bad?

I noticed that this 5 million of public money is paying for various government offices on the pier, a market "theater" ; as opposed to a market, and, of course, a Heritage center. FWIW, we also are getting nice a heritage center, fancy cafe serving overpriced frozen seafood and wee blocks of flats and a marina - all much nicer than those dirty, smelly weird fishing boats we used to have ;)

Never mind the "baddie" , wheres the money going in all this and is it good or bad for the readers of this forum?

Hiyer Jaffa, Haven't a clue behind the story regarding the development, 'cept what i can read, much the same as you. According to the link it does state that it is going to cater for all aspects of a working harbour, thats the interpretation i have, nothing wrong or no problem with that. To be fair the money guys as i posted are trying for a new broom, who do you think would be better to influence the use of our public money, the goodies or the baddies. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Move to Hailsham. I have a regular customer who buys shads for his wreck fishing trips not far from you. His last days fishing included 3 cod over 10 pounds and 2 pollock pushing 20 pounds. Sounds to me like you have some excellent fishing not far away and you werent even aware of it.

There certainly is a different class of fish, between wrecking and fishing from the shore, least i think there is. :) Summer pollack pushing 20 would certainly make the papers, any photo's. I got some photo's of them pushing 20 in the spring, if you want to see some. :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s126/ba...evonpollack.jpg Where they like this?

There were from a wreck 25 mile off devon, no good going there for the next few years as it is full up with net. :mellow:

Edited by barry luxton

Guest challenge
There certainly is a different class of fish, between wrecking and fishing from the shore, least i think there is. :) Summer pollack pushing 20 would certainly make the papers, any photo's. I got some photo's of them pushing 20 in the spring, if you want to see some. :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s126/ba...evonpollack.jpg Where they like this?

There were from a wreck 25 mile off devon, no good going there for the next few years as it is full up with net. :mellow:

Some lovely fish there Barry. I have fished wrecks with net’s and with rod and line. I can assure you that if the conditions are correct (as your photos prove and many that we have from my days on chieftain) there is no better and effective way of catching fish from wrecks than using a rod and line.

There were trips on chieftain when we heard commercial gill netters talking, saying that there was nothing on a certain group of wrecks and the reason that there was nothing on them was because we had been and fished them a few weeks previous with our anglers and took many hundreds of stones of fish off them. So I suppose the commercial fishermen fishing wrecks could make similar assumptions as your comment about nets being on wrecks for years would suggest.

Regards.