XP Validation problem!

Chris Goddard

NOT trying to get 'OWT fer NOWT!' I have a friend who is unable to get internet access at present due to Orange pulling his service and they are looking at satellite. BUT meanwhile, windows has chucked a spanner in the works!! the auto validation has failed due to NOT being able to check itself as NO internet access is available. Or at least I THINK that is the case?? But certainly the licence is there but I also have another problem insofar as the PC is password protected BY THE ORIGINAL BUILDER!! This is in itself a pain in the arse as he is logged on as an Administrator BUT it is hidden as well and of course no one knows the password!! but I digress, the windows installation being down means I am unable to back up the system and re-install either as none of the drives will work due to no validation!! (CD drives that is!)

Has anyone come across this? I HAVE googled and nothing fits the bill. I have also asked MS but not holding my breath! I know I can ask on another forum, but time is of the essence really! So anyone able to help please?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

NOT trying to get 'OWT fer NOWT!' I have a friend who is unable to get internet access at present due to Orange pulling his service and they are looking at satellite. BUT meanwhile, windows has chucked a spanner in the works!! the auto validation has failed due to NOT being able to check itself as NO internet access is available. Or at least I THINK that is the case?? But certainly the licence is there but I also have another problem insofar as the PC is password protected BY THE ORIGINAL BUILDER!! This is in itself a pain in the arse as he is logged on as an Administrator BUT it is hidden as well and of course no one knows the password!! but I digress, the windows installation being down means I am unable to back up the system and re-install either as none of the drives will work due to no validation!! (CD drives that is!)

Has anyone come across this? I HAVE googled and nothing fits the bill. I have also asked MS but not holding my breath! I know I can ask on another forum, but time is of the essence really! So anyone able to help please?

Are you talking about activation for XP? If you call Microsoft with a genuine licence key I find they will usually give you activation straight away.

At what level is the pc password protected by the builder? What exactly is "hidden"? Need more info Chris.

"none of the drives will work due to no validation!! (CD drives that is!)"

Are you sure that validation is the problem here? I've never heard of it disabling hardware and a bootable CD should boot the system if the drive is properly connected.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I managed to gt the admin password for my PC using a free password cracker service. It took several days but got it right. Its on a floppy disc. When I find it I'll let you know what it is called.

Found it - try www.loginrecovery.com

Are you talking about activation for XP? If you call Microsoft with a genuine licence key I find they will usually give you activation straight away.

As I cannot get the pc to run the install disk (A genuine one) I also can't get it to give me an installation number?

At what level is the pc password protected by the builder? What exactly is "hidden"? Need more info Chris.

The PC is password protected insofar as I cannot even Fdisk as I am being asked to input a password. BUT no password is in the startup. But there is an Administrator account which is hidden? And to which I have no access as the account does NOT show up when I access the user part of control panel. The only accounts showing are two admin accounts and a guest account.

Are you sure that validation is the problem here? I've never heard of it disabling hardware and a bootable CD should boot the system if the drive is properly connected.

All I know Newt is I cannot use either of the two drives? And of course cannot as above use the Fdisk command as the password comes into play.

Found it - try www.loginrecovery.com

Will have a look!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

"But there is an Administrator account which is hidden?"

If you have no luck with that login recovery site and if the OS is XP-home, you need to start up in safe mode to use the real administrator account (which is always called 'administrator' by default and I doubt your friend is PC-savvy enough to have changed it).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

chris don't bother with www.loginrecovery.com it'll cost you ! , get (download )this free password remover cd (Iso)

http://www.pcloginnow.com/index.html

download: http://www.pcloginnow.com/product.html#

guide: http://www.pcloginnow.com/guide.html pictorial guide In use : http://www.pcloginnow.com/loginnow_guide.html

nero or any good cd writing software should be able to burn from iso files ,you may need to delve inside your cd writing softwares to find the option ,if you don't have iso option download Image burn (its freeware) http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/ImgBurn/1128426215/1

follow pictorial guide

http://www.pcloginnow.com/imgburn_guide.html

the wga problem = google wga remover it'll remove iT (temporarily untill you go online again to microsoft updates and your asked to reload the checker ! as its quite common for this to happen due to loss of connections / left idle etc if your required to connect up via a adsl starter program ,unlike allways on systems who don't suffer this

manual way!

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Windows-Genu...e-Notifications

one of many free tools

http://www.softpedia.com/downloadTag/WGA+remover

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

"But there is an Administrator account which is hidden?"

If you have no luck with that login recovery site and if the OS is XP-home, you need to start up in safe mode to use the real administrator account (which is always called 'administrator' by default and I doubt your friend is PC-savvy enough to have changed it).

Newt, tried that amd still the actual account held by ADMIN is hidden?? And of course so is the password? But HOW can you hide and account anyway?? AND one which stops you doing an Fdisk in DOS??

Chavender!!! SUPERB!! I'll wade through it! (LOL!!) :)

Chris Goddard

Kill the pc and do a fresh install reset the bios

can post a copy of an Xp master disk that always updates {never had a failure in 4 years with it}

or try this little fix for WGA

Give this a whirl

It allows you to validate your copy of XP and stop the blue star flashing and allows you to use Windows update without worrying about getting the illegal message. No more searching or worrying about the latest WGA fix. Do this once and that's it, no more worries.

1. Right click your desktop and select new text document.

2. Open that document and paste the following info. The text in bold between the red lines.

==============================================================================

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"CurrentBuild"="1.511.1 () (Obsolete data - do not use)"

"ProductId"="55274-640-1011873-23081"

"DigitalProductId"=hex:a4,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,35,35,32,37,34,2d,36,34,30,2d,\

31,30,31,31,38,37,33,2d,32,33,30,38,31,00,2e,00,00,00,41,32,32,2d,30,30,30,\

30,31,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,86,56,4e,4c,21,1b,2b,6a,a3,78,8e,8f,98,5c,00,00,\

00,00,00,00,dd,da,47,41,cc,6b,06,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\

00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,38,31,30,32,36,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,b5,16,\

00,00,83,83,1f,38,f8,01,00,00,f5,1c,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\

00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,66,e5,70,f3

"LicenseInfo"=hex:33,b7,21,c1,e5,e7,cd,4b,fd,7c,c6,35,51,fd,52,57,17,86,3e,18,\

d3,f4,8c,8e,35,32,7b,d1,43,8d,61,38,60,a4,ca,55,c9,9a,35,17,46,7a,4f,91,fc,\

4a,d9,db,64,5c,c4,e2,0f,34,f3,ea

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents]

"OOBETimer"=hex:ff,d5,71,d6,8b,6a,8d,6f,d5,33,93,fd

==============================================================================

3. In notepad click <file> then <save>.

For file type in the save dialog box select "all files" and for the filename type in License Key.reg or whatever you want.

the name doesn't matter as long as it has the .reg extension.

4. Click save. You should now see a registration file 2 kb in size

5. Double click the file thats now on your desktop. It will ask you are you sure.

Tell it yes.

After:

To see that it worked go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx

and click on "Validate Windows" over on the right!!!

WORKS 100%!!!

Edited by jimpy0

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

chris don't bother with www.loginrecovery.com it'll cost you !

It didn't cost me anything when I used it!?!