Portland Conger

phooey

Thats me all ready for the trip tomorrow.Rigs made with 250lb mono,All bait collected,clothing ready.....and a new reel :lol: .The other half wasnt too happy about that.Seeing as I only went to the tackle shop for some Hooks ,crimps and line.

The ....."I have had it ages" ,saying,Didnt work :oops:

should have tried "it's an important safety item"( mine is probably gullible enough to swallow it!)

when that don't work I tell her to kiss my *rse,

I'm a right smoothtalker :blink:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Zzippy. My stuff is almost ready. If anyone came round here now they'd think I'd be heading out tonight not tomorrow.

Richi it's interesting you caught more conger on the squid. There are squid in that area now. Could be that the conger favour them for this reason. I picked up a token 2lb box just in case pouting doesn't work. Only fishing one rod for conger, the other for pouting and mixed species. I don't have a squid jig - would have tried that down there for big cod baits. I think squid can be attracted to light.. given lack of tide it would be a good place to hang a light over the side - will have to rig something up for a future trip.

Given that lobster are nocturnal it would also be a good time and place to leave a pot or creel down there whilst we fish.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Also got a light rigged up.Plus my headlanp :)

To really put the iceing on the cake.I just been told I was meant to go to a firework display tomorrow night.

My answer was..."Its not the 5th till Sunday.We dont celebrate Xmas on the 24th do we"

It didnt go down to well :lol:

I can see a suitcase out on the doorstep early Sunday Morning....More time for Kayak fishing then :thumbs:

zzippy2.gif

Nice one Zzippy. My stuff is almost ready. If anyone came round here now they'd think I'd be heading out tonight not tomorrow.

Richi it's interesting you caught more conger on the squid. There are squid in that area now. Could be that the conger favour them for this reason. I picked up a token 2lb box just in case pouting doesn't work. Only fishing one rod for conger, the other for pouting and mixed species. I don't have a squid jig - would have tried that down there for big cod baits. I think squid can be attracted to light.. given lack of tide it would be a good place to hang a light over the side - will have to rig something up for a future trip.

Given that lobster are nocturnal it would also be a good time and place to leave a pot or creel down there whilst we fish.

go steady there SpeciMan, i read somewhere that its illegal to lift a lobster pot at night & remember the minimum size, 87mm down that big bit on its back, only 2 lobsters allowed to be taken too.

John & i will be round the corner from you but on dry land, good luck :)

what time do we intend launching chaps?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Not sure what time I will be launching at - would have thought between 5.30 - 6.30pm. I may have to paddle round and meet you out there. How about we leave the VHF on channel 6 (whilst monitoring C16)? I'll pm my mobile number.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Not sure what time I will be launching at - would have thought between 5.30 - 6.30pm. I may have to paddle round and meet you out there. How about we leave the VHF on channel 6 (whilst monitoring C16)? I'll pm my mobile number.

before I posted my last reply I PMd Phooey and said to him that I thought between 5-6pm---sounds like we're on the same wavelength again Speciman :headhurt: , If you're later we'll monitor ch6

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Thanks Ziggy, good luck to you too. Have just sent an email to my local fisheries officer to clarify things - from what you mentioned I hadn't heard of the lifting pots during daylight rule.

googled it, but cant find reference. might have heard about it on fishing programme.

just went to charge my vhf, charger not in box... aaarrghh :(