Portland Conger

phooey

This weekend Richi and phooey are going to go after the BIG Conger and Bass that inhabit the area. Those interested in catching something a bit scary :o are welcome to join us for this night session, although depending on the weather I might go out twice as there is enough depth for the beasties to feed all day ( 70 feet of water a short way out ).

The BCC list this area as a prime site for shore caught BIGGIES :thumbs: - check out this link.

http://www.britishcongerclub.org.uk/

As said before parking and launch could not be easier although its a reasonable paddle to the harbour entrance.

As for the Bass - we both had circa 70cm fish here last time out :yeah:

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try and make this one doubt I'll stay all night though probably fish through to the early hours.

The tides quite big (2.2m) this weekend but as high water is 17:36 and low water 22:47 we won't have to paddle against it out of the harbour :clap2: Long range forecast is looking good too - light winds S to SSW should be sheltered around there.

I'll try and finish my bait tank this week. Would like to use live pout down there.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I'll try and make this one doubt I'll stay all night though probably fish through to the early hours.

The tides quite big (2.2m) this weekend but as high water is 17:36 and low water 22:47 we won't have to paddle against it out of the harbour :clap2: Long range forecast is looking good too - light winds S to SSW should be sheltered around there.

I'll try and finish my bait tank this week. Would like to use live pout down there.

God dammit, thats right on my dorstep, problem is, i just dont have the kit to do a night session yet (no anchor, no drysuit, no rod rests, no fish finder and no GPS.) still christmas is coming!!!, maybe next year guys, tight lines though, ive done some dinghy fishing in balaclava bay and hauled all day.

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

Hi Jonnyboy

I doubt you will need an anchor - there should be enough buoys in that area for us to hook up to (you will need a short length of bungee with a clip on each end). I have a spare anchor and rope here which I can bring if you want.

Fishfinder and GPS is not essential. It should be obvious even at night to judge where you are in relation to the land down there (unless it gets foggy).

Light - headtorch will do (little or no boat traffic down there especially at that time of night).

That leaves the drysuit and rod rests. Drysuit not essential yet, the water is still very warm. You could wear your summer gear with some warm synthetic clothing on top. If it's a clear night the air will be very cold.

As for the rod rests what you have been using so far?

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I have a spare pair of drysuit bottoms - large size, small hole in sole of one boot I can fix with a cycle patch - let me know if you want them.

What speciman says is right - we used buoys to tie up no need for an anchor.

If you have a boat, paddle and a rod and a headlight you will be fine. We fish close together anyway.

Be good to have you along.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Bloody Fly Fair this weekend and I said I would help Oz out on his stand (saltwaterflies.com - wow I am going to be rich with all these commissions!)

Good luck guys - you have some good weather on its way, but cold, clear nights. Those bass you caught Phooey would be about 6lb - 7lbs. Lovely fish to catch. Nice to see them swim away again too!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I have a spare pair of drysuit bottoms - large size, small hole in sole of one boot I can fix with a cycle patch - let me know if you want them.

What speciman says is right - we used buoys to tie up no need for an anchor.

If you have a boat, paddle and a rod and a headlight you will be fine. We fish close together anyway.

Be good to have you along.

I'm just about to commit to coming when the missis informs me that we have dinner at some friends to do on saturday :wallbash: . B*llocks! really wanted to come along. Tight lines guys if anything changes ill be in touch..

jon

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

This weekend Richi and phooey are going to go after the BIG Conger and Bass that inhabit the area. Those interested in catching something a bit scary :o are welcome to join us for this night session, although depending on the weather I might go out twice as there is enough depth for the beasties to feed all day ( 70 feet of water a short way out ).

The BCC list this area as a prime site for shore caught BIGGIES :thumbs: - check out this link.

http://www.britishcongerclub.org.uk/

As said before parking and launch could not be easier although its a reasonable paddle to the harbour entrance.

As for the Bass - we both had circa 70cm fish here last time out :yeah:

I assume this is Sat night we're talking about?

I assume this is Sat night we're talking about?

sure is Kev :thumbs: can't wait!!!!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph