Hunstanton, Norfolk

BoozleBear

I took these pictures last weekend near my folks' place, at low tide the muscle beds and remains of the old jetty make an amazing sight.

I hope you like them. More posts will follow with more shots.

Simon

post-4843-1162908139_thumb.jpg

post-4843-1162908158_thumb.jpg

Some more...

post-4843-1162908209_thumb.jpg

post-4843-1162908223_thumb.jpg

My favourite two:

post-4843-1162908301_thumb.jpg

post-4843-1162908319_thumb.jpg

last but not least:

post-4843-1162908366_thumb.jpg

post-4843-1162908382_thumb.jpg

(Edited to add numbering - Steve)

Edited by Steve Randles

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I would really appreciate your thoughts on these photos as this is pretty much my first go at taking decent shots.

Ta

Simon

Well, mate if they are your first . . . the standard is just so good now, its a pleasure to look at all the pictures posted. For me you have captured a real feel of the seaside, the way I like it, basic, no candy floss.

CJS2, Cliff

I like them also BB :) Keep them coming :yeah:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Some nice shots there BB, composition is quite good on some, not so on others.

1. I like the course of this water leading the eye into the picture, you may or may not know it but its called "classic S curve", a good compositional item in a photo.

2. Another compositional "rule", is the rule of thirds, this means disecting your picture into three, horizontally and vertically. Your horizon falls at the middle of the picture, this shot would have worked better if the horizon had been two thirds up the picture, therefore showing more foreground.

3. This is what I meant in my comments in two above. :)

5. I like the portrait idea to shoot the poles, but the first post is cut at the bottom, consider re-framing, either zooming out or walking back a few steps to get the whole post in the shot, and watch keeping your horizon straight.;)

6. Interesting perspective! I like it, it holds my gaze. :)

7. I would have considered moving round to have the post illuminated by the sunlight, just a personal preference.

A very good effort, it looks like you had fun doing it because you've snapped away. Keep it up and dont just shoot from standing up, try stooping down or even going prone, different angles and perspectives are what make snapshots into photographs.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I agree B - good job of capturing the 'feel' of the place.

I'm in awe of how much tidal height you get there.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Some nice shots there BB, composition is quite good on some, not so on others.

A very good effort, it looks like you had fun doing it because you've snapped away. Keep it up and dont just shoot from standing up, try stooping down or even going prone, different angles and perspectives are what make snapshots into photographs.

Prone Steve??? :lol::lol: poor guy, only when its dry or your being paid a lot of money!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Good set of pics for a first time :yeah:

Cliff

Edited by CJS2

only when its dry or your being paid a lot of money!!!

Of course, unless you have a bin liner to lie on I always carry one of these ;)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Nice shots BB, Amazing what a bit of old wreckage or wartime structures can add to a scene...maybe they were used for netting fish?

I never fail to marvel at how a camera can "make people see" what others will pass by without a glance :)

I can't seem to walk or drive anywhere without "seing shots" and noting the angle and direction of the sun, and I've been taking pics for over 50 years :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Thanks Steve for all the tips, very useful. I do a good wonky horizon don't I?!

And thanks the rest of you for your comments. I like the idea of several shots of the same area, rather than 'and here's an ond jetty' and onto the next shot.

As for the stooping, that's what I did on the first shot, that stream into the sea was less than 2 foot wide.

Cheers folks, very encouraging.

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear