Flounder Fishing

Zzippy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have tide table with 2nd high tide times.

Poole Quay

Sunday 12th October:

1st HW 01:04

2nd HW 05:43

LW: 09:12

1st HW 12:18

2nd HW 17:43

Thanks Speciman, just got in, it was running off from about 1.00pm

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Are you still going tomorrow Overrun?

If so,let me know.I might join you if thats ok :) Its meant to be a northerly wind tomorrow.That will be fine for Holton Heath.

I didnt manage to get out last night.Had too much to do yesterday.At least I finished all the block work for the new pond(lake :lol: ) now.

Didn't see you Zzippy, either you were out ahead of me or the pond needed more work? :lol: Anyway, wasn't a good day fish wise with a blank on my part. Cruised up and down between Rockley and Lake for 2 hours then met two fellow Angling Kayakers. They had been fishing Lychett Bay with some success and were just heading home having caught 4 Flounders and run out of bait. Unfortunately, the guy with the Flounders had managed to capsize and lost the lot :lol::lol: So I headed on to Lychett Bay, the tide was running out beneath the Railway Bridge at the entrance made which things a bit more interesting, only spotted the partially submerged concrete platform on the left at the last minute! Drifted around the Bay for the afternoon then back with the tide and the wind to Lake. All in all a pleasant day. Depth sounder was inoperative as on the last outing, thought it might have been the battery last time but was fully charged for today. Worked fine in demo mode so while ashore for tea checked the transducer and found that it was virtually peeled off the hull :angry: That was 2 ton epoxy, will try hot melt glue, (but I do remember dropping the Kayak a couple of weeks ago)

PICT0065-800.jpg

Edited by overrun

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Unlucky

Looks pretty calm, a good effort to capsize out there.

Zippy said on another thread he put his back out.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...st&p=692845

Im looking to go out next sunday either poole harbor/weymouth, portland/christchurch if anyone is interested in joining. Play football on sats so sunday is the only option.

How does poole harbor fish on stronger tides for flounder?

Edited by phil_I

Unlucky

Was their second trip apparently, and he was in a Caper :clap::clap2:

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Fancy falling out of a Caper ;):oops::whistling:

Dangerous, highly unstable yaks. Personally would never fish in more than 4ft of water in one...... :whistling:

Just for the record also blanked on SOuthampton Water. Good news is I fished next to a small Dory that was in a boat comp. He was as successful as I was. A bit fat ZERO. :(

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Didn't see you Zzippy, either you were out ahead of me or the pond needed more work? :lol: Anyway, wasn't a good day fish wise with a blank on my part. Cruised up and down between Rockley and Lake for 2 hours then met two fellow Angling Kayakers. They had been fishing Lychett Bay with some success and were just heading home having caught 4 Flounders and run out of bait. Unfortunately, the guy with the Flounders had managed to capsize and lost the lot :lol::lol: So I headed on to Lychett Bay, the tide was running out beneath the Railway Bridge at the entrance made which things a bit more interesting, only spotted the partially submerged concrete platform on the left at the last minute! Drifted around the Bay for the afternoon then back with the tide and the wind to Lake. All in all a pleasant day. Depth sounder was inoperative as on the last outing, thought it might have been the battery last time but was fully charged for today. Worked fine in demo mode so while ashore for tea checked the transducer and found that it was virtually peeled off the hull :angry: That was 2 ton epoxy, will try hot melt glue, (but I do remember dropping the Kayak a couple of weeks ago)

PICT0065-800.jpg

At least you got out Overrun.

Sorry I couldnt make it,But all going well I should be able to Kayak again in about 2 to 3 weeks.Depends how the op goes next week and how long the stitches have to stay in.I find the bigger tides are better for the flounders in Poole harbour.

It looks like the weather was on your side today.

I know what you mean about the tide race under the bridge at Rockly :) .I went under it on a full flood spring tide.I had to wait till the turn of the tide to get back again.

Unlucky

Zippy said on another thread he put his back out.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...st&p=692845

Im looking to go out next sunday either poole harbor/weymouth, portland/christchurch if anyone is interested in joining. Play football on sats so sunday is the only option.

How does poole harbor fish on stronger tides for flounder?

Hiya Phil

Poole harbour is better for flounders than Xchurch,Portland is good for alot of Species.The Giant squid there can be good fun too.But on a spring it can be hard work there.Depending on where you want to fish.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Overrun,

Your not meant to drop them :).

The AnglersAfloat Prowler transducer has been in place for approx 18 months with no signs of it letting go, hence my recommendation for the Devcon 2 Ton, but if you drop it on the wrong spot then the flexing of the hull will make it pop, the epoxy will only flex so much.

I have read on here that somebody has tried hot glue, not sure it was entirely successful, do a search before attempting.

Some of the guys have recently started using Silkaflex, messy stuff but it might be the answer you are looking for.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com