Flounder Fishing

Zzippy

At least you got out Overrun.

Sorry I couldnt make it,But all going well I should be able to Kayak again in about 2 to 3 weeks.Depends how the op goes next week and how long the stitches have to stay in.I find the bigger tides are better for the flounders in Poole harbour.

It looks like the weather was on your side today.

I know what you mean about the tide race under the bridge at Rockly :) .I went under it on a full flood spring tide.I had to wait till the turn of the tide to get back again.

Hiya Phil

Poole harbour is better for flounders than Xchurch,Portland is good for alot of Species.The Giant squid there can be good fun too.But on a spring it can be hard work there.Depending on where you want to fish.

Zzippy

I fished Poole harbour today too. Also big fat zero, unless you count rag thieving crabs. Never been before, so didn't know where to fish. Launched at 12.00 from the Lifeboat museum slipway and headed straight over to Brownsea island and anchored up in the deeper channels. Packed it in around 4.30, didn't see any other yaks, but did see a couple of lads in the car park as I was leaving with with what looked like flounder in a carrier bag. Think they came off a charter though. Dry suit was the biz :thumbs: .

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fished Poole harbour today too. Also big fat zero, unless you count rag thieving crabs. Never been before, so didn't know where to fish. Launched at 12.00 from the Lifeboat museum slipway and headed straight over to Brownsea island and anchored up in the deeper channels. Packed it in around 4.30, didn't see any other yaks, but did see a couple of lads in the car park as I was leaving with with what looked like flounder in a carrier bag. Think they came off a charter though. Dry suit was the biz :thumbs: .

Sorry to hear you blanked mate, don't expect this warmish weather has helped, my advice would be to wait until we get some hard frosts then give it another bash.

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Sorry to hear you blanked mate, don't expect this warmish weather has helped, my advice would be to wait until we get some hard frosts then give it another bash.

Scott

Yeah, nevermind, it's part of fishing. I'll make sure I'm better prepared on where to fish next time.

Cheers :thumbs:

Overrun,

Your not meant to drop them :).

The AnglersAfloat Prowler transducer has been in place for approx 18 months with no signs of it letting go, hence my recommendation for the Devcon 2 Ton, but if you drop it on the wrong spot then the flexing of the hull will make it pop, the epoxy will only flex so much.

I have read on here that somebody has tried hot glue, not sure it was entirely successful, do a search before attempting.

Some of the guys have recently started using Silkaflex, messy stuff but it might be the answer you are looking for.

SM :)

Thanks Starvin, having thought about it, :headhurt: the battery box is still firmly in position, so I'll spend a bit more time cleaning the mating face in the hull and use the 2 ton again.

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Just don't drop it :D

It was all Darnsarf's fault :lol: , I was knackered after the Kimmeridge session.

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

It was all Darnsarf's fault :lol: , I was knackered after the Kimmeridge session.

Sh*t and we thought you were fishing :oops::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Sh*t and we thought you were fishing :oops::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

I suppose I asked for that :sneaky2::):giveup:

Richi, can we look forward to you 'camping out' with Speciman soon? :D:D