Removal of worms, crabs and Small fish for bait to be banned?

I have spent most of today speaking to certain people and making phone calls trying to make some sense of the proposal that will be heard at the Essex & Kent SFC Committe meeting that will be held on the 20th November.

Welcome Ronessex. Why does there have to be so much secrecy. What is being hidden until this meeting. Many rsa's are already chomping at the bit for information regarding these proposals. please enlighten us if there is a hidden agenda. there is nothing so important to hide behind a veil of secrecy before that date is there? I would personally be very surprised if anyone was to adopt any proposel that is based on this letter with so many, might be, could be, could starve, just in case senario's. Go back or get a message to the authors and tell them they might just need HARD evidance to support this letter, don't they wish to turn up in person? It's not all 'pub talk' is it? Are you an MP? I think people on this forum have allready stated who this letter is from, so perhaps you can just enlighten us on the underlying sinister plot with out naming names.

regards barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Ronessex. Why does there have to be so much secrecy. What is being hidden until this meeting. Many rsa's are already chomping at the bit for information regarding these proposals. please enlighten us if there is a hidden agenda. there is nothing so important to hide behind a veil of secrecy before that date is there? I would personally be very surprised if anyone was to adopt any proposel that is based on this letter with so many, might be, could be, could starve, just in case senario's. Go back or get a message to the authors and tell them they might just need HARD evidance to support this letter, don't they wish to turn up in person? It's not all 'pub talk' is it? Are you an MP? I think people on this forum have allready stated who this letter is from, so perhaps you can just enlighten us on the underlying sinister plot with out naming names.

regards barry

Sorry Barry,not sure I really should even of posted the letter which is to be considered.If people wish to band names around then that is up to them.As I said,the letter was drafted for a good reason which will affect every commercial fisherman on the Essex/Kent coast and every angler too.It could even spread to the whole of the country if certain people/groups get there way.The only thing I will say is that the proposal was made to ''Wake people''from what they regard as a cosy safe little hobby like angling.Do you think the guy would put his head on the block for no good reason?It was done in the knowledge that hopefully it would mobolise everyone to the meeting to listen too what is likely to go ahead.Im not posting it,that would defeat the object.we need people at that meeting.

Sorry Barry,not sure I really should even of posted the letter which is to be considered.If people wish to band names around then that is up to them.As I said,the letter was drafted for a good reason which will affect every commercial fisherman on the Essex/Kent coast and every angler too.It could even spread to the whole of the country if certain people/groups get there way.The only thing I will say is that the proposal was made to ''Wake people''from what they regard as a cosy safe little hobby like angling.Do you think the guy would put his head on the block for no good reason?It was done in the knowledge that hopefully it would mobolise everyone to the meeting to listen too what is likely to go ahead.Im not posting it,that would defeat the object.we need people at that meeting.

Thanks Ronessex. This sounds so incredulous that one person knows something that absolutly no one else knows that would or could decimate the whole of the rsa scene, commercial scene, tackle shops and bait diggers etc that he does not wish to share the secret with anyone else at this time. Is THAT corrrect? Why then is the tiny town of Avely chosen for this incredible news? I take my rsa fishing deadly seriously in particular if some one or thing is trying to destoy it then i will fight tooth and nail, i assure you of that. So again, please enlighten us.

regards barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

How about giving our sea anglings reps a few ideas for proposals of their own.

For starters health and safety legislation has become a huge burden for most businesses based on terra firma. Is it surely not time for the same stringent measures to be placed upon the commercial fishing fleet for their own well being?

I suggest all commercial fishermen should be made to wear seatbelts when under way. Tachographs be fitted to each vessel. Minimum of two fishermen to lift a full fish box. Steel toe cap wellies, hi-vis jackets and hard hats when working around machinery. A method statement and risk assesment to be filed with the HSE before each seaward journey. Suitable signage warning of the dangers onboard a working vessel be placed around the boat. Fully automated fire, smoke, carbon monoxide warning systems to be fitted and serviced annually. All deckhands to be trained and assesed in the safe handling of food. Chainmail gloves compulsory for the filleting of fish.

This should do for starters. Remember it's for their own good, there's no such thing as accidents! :rolleyes:

Sharkbyte - why not ring Froggie up and hasve a propper go at him about the last lot of small dead worm you got from him.

I dont get bad bait from Froggie, this is because I moaned at him man to man.

I do think ypu got a bad deal with the 70 quids worth of small dead worms but I do think you should of had it out with him.

[edit note: content modified slightly. Newt]

I have no desire to speak to the man as I shall never be buying from him again.

As for having to 'have it out man to man' in order to get what you want, you have warned any potential new clients better than I could have.

PS. Russ recons we did end up getting our moneys worth, he ended up using some of that broken and blown rag to land Tench to 8lb and Perch to 2.5lb as part of an experiment. :D

Dear Committee

With a change of byelaws on Bass and of probably Tope and smoothound we need we need to look to the future to protect the Marine enviroment within our district.We are told that there is room and plans to develope a huge recreational and sport fishery.It is my and others belief that the local environment could not cope with increased pressure on bait production to satisfy the needs of an increased baited hook fishery.The local beds for worm and shell fish are at breaking point,with increased demands from other areas,as well as our own,this could be an enviromental disaster.Birds on the mudflats could starve and with huge numbers of Bass we have to feed they also could starve.There is already evidence that the young Bass in the upper reaches of our district are eating everything that moves.This could well be the reason that peeler crab numbers are well down this year.Just in case this happens we should have legislation in place to protect and manage.

I would there for like to propose that we make some byelaws to protect the fisheries.

Byelaws to ban and the removal of;

1) ALL WORMS FROM WITHIN THE FISHERY TO BE USED AS LIVE OR DEADBAIT.

2) ALL CRAB AND CRUSTACEANS FROM WITHIN THE FISHERY AS LIVE OR DEAD BAIT.This would stop the barbaric removal of legs and claws from creatures when still alive just for sport.The barbaric method of placing a hook into a living creature just for sport!

3) ALL UNDERSIZE FISH TO BE USED AS LIVE BAIT (THIS APPLIES TO EELS MAINLY,WE WOULD NEED A MINIMUM LANDING SIZE)

There may not be a threat at the moment but like Tope or Bass there could be and we must take action now to protect and prevent destruction of these valuable food sources.

Yours truly

xxxxxx

Who wrote this? The Two Ronnies? :blink: Or is the guy on some sort of exotic smoking material? I am used to being amazed at what political committees come up with but I will be truly dumbfounded if any sane person swallows this.

Who wrote this? The Two Ronnies? :blink: Or is the guy on some sort of exotic smoking material? I am used to being amazed at what political committees come up with but I will be truly dumbfounded if any sane person swallows this.

Whilst we all know this is a crock of horses :rolleyes: if the above wording is correct to those who know no better it would appear quite plausable. That is why I have come to the conclusion the SFCs need either a radical overhaul to put bums on seats who are fully up to speed with what they do or better still do away with them completely.

Has anyone forwarded on this letter to dear old BB? May make no difference but on the other hand it could, also fire a few copies into various DEFRA agencies point out that some idiot is trying to undermine their Marine Bill.

If it is a definate copy of the proposal I would be only to happy to fire a few copies around. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Not read all the posts, is simply laughable that a person, adult? should be thinking this way. The crunch is that I believe it is stated in the 'Magna carta', we have the right to gather bait for fishing from around our shores, thats for ones own private use however, so bait diggers and tackle shops are not protected. But it drives great holes through the proposal before it even gets off the ground. Thats my 2 penneth, be interested to see a view on the 'Magna carter' entry from a more informed source.

CJS2

Find the record of Ilchester V Rashley and Others: August 10th 1889 in the All England Law Reports.

There's a bit in it about Madna Carta in the judge's Obiter Dictum from what I remember.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Not read all the posts, is simply laughable that a person, adult? should be thinking this way. The crunch is that I believe it is stated in the 'Magna carta', we have the right to gather bait for fishing from around our shores, thats for ones own private use however, so bait diggers and tackle shops are not protected. But it drives great holes through the proposal before it even gets off the ground. Thats my 2 penneth, be interested to see a view on the 'Magna carter' entry from a more informed source.

CJS2

er,

It's a myth!

The Magna Carta translation is available at:

http://www.bl.uk/treasures/magnacarta/magna.html

Apart from the removal of fish traps on the rivers, no mention is made in Magna Carta regarding the right to fish or gather baite etc!

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Articles/The_Public...ht_to_Fish.html

Many authorities (including Halsbury's Laws) cite the Magna Carta as the reason the Crown made no further private fisheries.

There is no such reference in the statute itself, however, this mistake has now become settled law by virtue of the case of Malcolmson v O'Dea.

Because of its constitutional importance, the erroneous involvement of the Magna Carta lends weight to sentimental arguments that somehow the public right to fish is a basic human right to all men; it is submitted that is not a tenable argument.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Find the record of Ilchester V Rashley and Others: August 10th 1889 in the All England Law Reports.

There's a bit in it about Madna Carta in the judge's Obiter Dictum from what I remember.

I tried a Google search for that, Jim, but couldn't find anything.