Removal of worms, crabs and Small fish for bait to be banned?

Guest challenge
Yes most people are not bothered about your petty attempts at wind ups or snidy remarks, even when faced with a bit of humour, you can't resist resorting to type.

Well consider yourself switched off, so I won't be expecting any purile responses from you in the future.

HAGD

Doc.

When you say most of the people doc? Is that the same people who you think you represent?

You turn me off then doc, that’s a good boy.

:lol:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wurzle,

As I understand it he is going to screw a lot of his own if it goes through, as you should know by now I have only three real beefs with netters, one pair trawling, two bottom trawling with very heavy gear, and weekenders with no license who claim their catch is for the pot.

You may say the first two are interferring where I should not but I rekon you should support me whole heartedly on the third as it directly effects the price of your catch. :rolleyes::D

On the first two anglers might be snapping at your heels but other elements are taking the real bites :lol::lol:

I forgot to mention we are all fishing out of the same pot that may give rise to our concerns :rolleyes::lol:

Ken when are you going to learn! you cant tell a commercial what is good or not for them, wurzel hates "stakeholders" (in case you have forgotten includes us rsa's) for what its worth i think this whole thing is hilarious and as someone said earlier i hope they do take it further and introduce it as a bylaw they can then have a go next door and try and introduce here, even better imo, we will then see the shyte start to realy fly Thing is have they realy got the bottle to carry it out????????????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Ken when are you going to learn! you cant tell a commercial what is good or not for them, wurzel hates "stakeholders" (in case you have forgotten includes us rsa's) for what its worth i think this whole thing is hilarious and as someone said earlier i hope they do take it further and introduce it as a bylaw they can then have a go next door and try and introduce here, even better imo, we will then see the shyte start to realy fly Thing is have they realy got the bottle to carry it out????????????

Only intelligent people have bottle because they know the risk, stupid people just haven't got the brains to see the risk :lol:

So the question is are they clever enough not to :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hello Stavey, Ken

I don't hate Stackebloodyholders, I hate the word, how it is implimented and the politicaly corect manuvering that goes with it.

What right have you got to tell me what is good for me?

Pauls proposals are no more daft than anglers calling for the so called golden mile,even baning gillnets altogether, to have bass as a sport fish only, to ban pair trawling even bottom trawling is now being mentioned.

Stavey I thought you had sold all your sea fishing gear [Edited - John S].

Edited by John S

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Stavey, Ken

I don't hate Stackebloodyholders, I hate the word, how it is implimented and the politicaly corect manuvering that goes with it.

Pauls proposals are no more daft than anglers calling for the so called golden mile,even baning gillnets altogether, to have bass as a sport fish only, to ban pair trawling even bottom trawling is now being mentioned.

Stavey I thought you had sold all your sea fishing gear, [Edited to remove part of the quote - John S].

Hi Wurzle,

For me the Golden Mile is not only for the benefit of anglers but also commercials, when I fish the beach I have no effect on the eco-system at all, great care is taken to return all under size fish and I only retain fish for the pot very selectively. I have seen unlicensed netters retain vast numbers of fish from inshore areas where no self respecting commercial would net knowing that the large proportion of the fish caught could not be sold and would be returned dead. There is no sense at all to having nursery areas such as we have down here when immature fish are scooped up just outside the area.

Take Cefyn Sidan as a prime example of SWSFC cock-up getting me and a few other anglers banned from taken their vehicles on to the beach. Those idiots issued over 1500 cockle licenses to all and sundry, they came and raped the beds totally destroying the eco-system, deigning birds and fish of a natural food system and costing local rate payers thousands of pounds trying to control their activities and cleaning up the bloody mess left behind them. So Carmarthenshire County Council are naturally upset about this situation and in an effort to curtail future disasters ban all vehicles from the beach accept those who can prove they are deriving an earning from netting on the beach.

Now you have one prime example of why anglers like me will fight tooth and nail to stop this type of stupidity. Commercials claim the sea is a resource open to them for exploitation and that they are the best ones to control that situation because they earn a living from the sea, well I am sorry Wurzle the above is just one example that blast a bloody great hole through that theory and the sooner SFCs are taken out of the equation the better it will be and let us be 100% certain of who controls SFCs, it is commercial fishermen.

Judging from your post you may well not fit into that class of stupidity but I am afraid that a vast number of self-opinionated commercials do.

Pair trawling is another bloody disaster with nets so large they take out complete stocks of fish in one hit with vast by-catches; these corporate operations are destroying your living Wurzle maybe not to day or tomorrow but as sure as the sun rises mate they will wipe out all remaining fish stocks in the name of greed. When the cod, haddock and all the others are no longer viable they will turn their grubby corporate eyes onto other species and then you and other small boat owners will finally realise that we anglers ain’t that daft after all.

Your only hope for the future is that us idiots can some how put a bloody hole in the corporate boat and sink it once and for all.

Right I feel a lot better now, just going to get the tin helmet. :rolleyes:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Hello Stavey, Ken

Stavey I thought you had sold all your sea fishing gear, [Edited to remove part of the quote - John S].

Wurzel has anyone told you your manners are atrocious, now i might be an ex sea angler at the moment but that is not going to stop me from talking about it, you see its more than just sea angling issues now wurzel there are small matters like you and the your mate paul are helping to highlight (keep up the good work) that realy need addressing and in time they will be properly addressed, until then enjoy your fishing :):):)

Edited by John S

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

the restriction will noramlly only stand for "commercial" digging and collection, not for "joe Bloggs" going to collect his bait for a days fishing.. we have the same in place here already.

Not so here mate cockle fraternity have got bait digging banned for lug of North Beach Llanelli because they complained it created soft spots into which their vehicles sank. The sad part is the areas where the lug are mainly dug is no where near the areas they go to pick cockles, again SWSFC at work.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Hi Wurzle,

For me the Golden Mile is not only for the benefit of anglers but also commercials, when I fish the beach I have no effect on the eco-system at all, great care is taken to return all under size fish and I only retain fish for the pot very selectively. I have seen unlicensed netters retain vast numbers of fish from inshore areas where no self respecting commercial would net knowing that the large proportion of the fish caught could not be sold and would be returned dead. There is no sense at all to having nursery areas such as we have down here when immature fish are scooped up just outside the area.

Take Cefyn Sidan as a prime example of SWSFC cock-up getting me and a few other anglers banned from taken their vehicles on to the beach. Those idiots issued over 1500 cockle licenses to all and sundry, they came and raped the beds totally destroying the eco-system, deigning birds and fish of a natural food system and costing local rate payers thousands of pounds trying to control their activities and cleaning up the bloody mess left behind them. So Carmarthenshire County Council are naturally upset about this situation and in an effort to curtail future disasters ban all vehicles from the beach accept those who can prove they are deriving an earning from netting on the beach.

Now you have one prime example of why anglers like me will fight tooth and nail to stop this type of stupidity. Commercials claim the sea is a resource open to them for exploitation and that they are the best ones to control that situation because they earn a living from the sea, well I am sorry Wurzle the above is just one example that blast a bloody great hole through that theory and the sooner SFCs are taken out of the equation the better it will be and let us be 100% certain of who controls SFCs, it is commercial fishermen.

Judging from your post you may well not fit into that class of stupidity but I am afraid that a vast number of self-opinionated commercials do.

Pair trawling is another bloody disaster with nets so large they take out complete stocks of fish in one hit with vast by-catches; these corporate operations are destroying your living Wurzle maybe not to day or tomorrow but as sure as the sun rises mate they will wipe out all remaining fish stocks in the name of greed. When the cod, haddock and all the others are no longer viable they will turn their grubby corporate eyes onto other species and then you and other small boat owners will finally realise that we anglers ain’t that daft after all.

Your only hope for the future is that us idiots can some how put a bloody hole in the corporate boat and sink it once and for all.

Right I feel a lot better now, just going to get the tin helmet. :rolleyes:

Hello Ken

No need for ya tin at.

You summed it up quite well, your perception of commercial fishing including pair trawling is a typical anglers perception, of cause it's totally inaccurate and there lies the problem until you all realise just how far out you are you will get nothing but contempt from the commercial sector, and more proposals like Pauls.

I fish to live and live to fish.