Removal of worms, crabs and Small fish for bait to be banned?

Thanks Norrie.

essexboy, it was good to meet you o the Admiralty last Saturday!

Even if this dross does happen (and I think thats doutfull) it wouldnt affect the use of pout as live bait as pout have no MLS. But it could push the price of the worms that we use to catch the pout through the roof.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my best behaviour as this is an important topic Norrie me ol mate.

Ireland was good, I will post a pull report if the powers that be let me.

Back to the issue at hand, I have copied Leons first post and tomorrow will drop it into Froggys on my way to work ( our local bait merchant).

Froggie can then show it to all his diggers so they can then decide wheather to attend the meeting or write their objections.

This is a serious issue to anglers and bait collector of Essex and should be treated as such.

Where in Ireland were you Sam? I've fished a lot around the Kerry coast!

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

sorry haven't actually bothered to read through all the post on this subject as it seems un-believable that one man thinks he can prevail over common sense on this subject.

His one man objection is trying to put the blame on the decline in fish stocks at the door of the angler/bait digger. Where does he think he is coming from if he thinks that our fish stocks rely on the food they can find within 500m of the shore. If you want to look at the destruction of fish habitats and feeding grounds then look at the damage done by trawlers the effect of collecting bait is a mere drop in the ocean compared to that. Does the proposal include what would be the illegal dreging for crabs and worms that trawlers would be involved in.

This is just my immediate response to the first couple of pages , of what I have read on this thread.I will read it all tomorrow and comment further if need be.

Leon I'm sure you can make an appropriate response on behalf of the local anglers and put this one where it belongs before it gets out of hand.

Hello jabee, I was in Kerry at a small town called Sneam. My farther has a very good angling pal named John Quinnlan who is a angling guid.

As it was a family holiday we couldnt pick the best tides, but had some very interesting fishing.

Sneam's on the Kilarney Peninsular, isn't it...on the Ring of Kerry. Don't know it well but fished from Cahirciveen a couple of times. Spent most of my time fishing from Ventry on the Dingle Peninsular. Lovely part of the world though!

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Back to the issue at hand, I have copied Leons first post and tomorrow will drop it into Froggys on my way to work ( our local bait merchant).

Froggie can then show it to all his diggers so they can then decide wheather to attend the meeting or write their objections.

If the proposal was to ban Froggy from digging / selling bait it would get my vote! :lol:

Maidstonemikes spot on again. Personally I also think the whole issue is nothing more than laughable. I certainly won't be wasting any time driving to Thurrock when I could be working late instead. Infact, I hope the proposal does get approved. Show some of the swines up for the self centered lot they are. Hope they vote to ban the use of rods and lines at the next meeting.

If the proposal was to ban Froggy from digging / selling bait it would get my vote! :lol:

Maidstonemikes spot on again. Personally I also think the whole issue is nothing more than laughable. I certainly won't be wasting any time driving to Thurrock when I could be working late instead. Infact, I hope the proposal does get approved. Show some of the swines up for the self centered lot they are. Hope they vote to ban the use of rods and lines at the next meeting.

I think a positive vote could damage the SFC very badly and perhaps idiots like BB will realise they are putting their faith in reform in the wrong hands, the whole thing should be removed from political idiots who have no idea what they are talking about.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I think a positive vote could damage the SFC very badly and perhaps idiots like BB will realise they are putting their faith in reform in the wrong hands, the whole thing should be removed from political idiots who have no idea what they are talking about.

Hello Ken

Spot on!

And anglers should stick to angling.

I reckon it's great, a taste of your own medicine, I don't always agree on Pauls ideas, I am not saying I agree on these proposals, but I agree on his motives for proposing them 100%.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Ken

Spot on!

And anglers should stick to angling.

I reckon it's great, a taste of your own medicine, I don't always agree on Pauls ideas, I am not saying I agree on these proposals, but I agree on his motives for proposing them 100%.

Hi Wurzle,

As I understand it he is going to screw a lot of his own if it goes through, as you should know by now I have only three real beefs with netters, one pair trawling, two bottom trawling with very heavy gear, and weekenders with no license who claim their catch is for the pot.

You may say the first two are interferring where I should not but I rekon you should support me whole heartedly on the third as it directly effects the price of your catch. :rolleyes::D

On the first two anglers might be snapping at your heels but other elements are taking the real bites :lol::lol:

I forgot to mention we are all fishing out of the same pot that may give rise to our concerns :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Sharkbyte - why not ring Froggie up and hasve a propper go at him about the last lot of small dead worm you got from him.

I dont get bad bait from Froggie, this is because I moaned at him man to man.

I do think ypu got a bad deal with the 70 quids worth of small dead worms but I do think you should of had it out with him.

[edit note: content modified slightly. Newt]