In search of Big cod

glennk

I never really feel like fishing the day matches which are nearly every Sunday on the north east coast at the moment, I like to potter about at home on a Sunday. But I know Big Cod is a fan of the local roving open matches and I knew he'd be fishing today and I felt I knew exactly where. So with a couple of hours spare I decided to have a walk out and see how he was doing. I parked up and headed across the field as usual and came face to face with a large white creature. No it wasn't big cod but the resemblance was uncanny.

bull.jpg

Passed the bull with caution then headed past mother and baby who appear to be doing just fine.

1st-november-2006002.jpg

Eventually came to the cliff top and looked over. Down about 300 foot below I spot a small dot which I presume to be big cod.

1st-november-2006029_2.jpg

Headed down the cliff and found him fishing there in his usual place but unfortunately without a fish. Paul tells me that some of the other lads have fish to 5 pounds but there hasnt really been a right lot caught.

paul.jpg

I spent half hour talking to Paul and the lads before coming home for some dinner. I never saw a fish caught or anyone even have a bite in that time but with the best part of the tide yet to come I'm sure Paul could click a couple of fish yet.

rob3.jpg

malc.jpg

Hopefully Paul will be able to finish the story with a happy ending. Perhaps he's pulling the fish in as I speak.

Edited by glennk

162388513_31e8a1aa8c.jpg

sorry glenn i cant resist it, i fish about 1km along to the left from where the photo was taken. i dont have problems with the surf,..just avoiding the semi naked women lying all over the place.(its only allowed to fish at night here truthfull)

sorry glenn, i just couldnt resist it! :lol:

162388513_31e8a1aa8c.jpg

sorry glenn i cant resist it, i fish about 1km along to the left from where the photo was taken. i dont have problems with the surf,..just avoiding the semi naked women lying all over the place.(its only allowed to fish at night here truthfull)

sorry glenn, i just couldnt resist it! :lol:

:clap2: Very nice but can you catch cod there? :clap2:

I thought when I didn't see you there Chris there was something wrong. Still makes me laugh when I think of all those cod you caught next to big cod that Day - He was Telling Mick Ellis about it today.. How did you do today ?

Captain did you say you can catch cod at that mark ?. Saw a couple of Nudists one day at Kettleness too bloody cold for that caper round here though really. Usually the odd person Dogging in the car park too. You see it all when your out fishing on a night you know.

Wrt getting your fish in, if you time it right the waves do the job for you. I had a nine pounder 1 day down there and the wave through the fish behind me - It was my lucky day.

Yes a little disapointing today down there to say the least it was a little bit to heavy for my likeing at times but it was on the borderline today, still enjoyed the day dont blank down there very often it is one of favourite spots been good to me over the years but i think it is a first on conditions like that i have come up the cliff without a cod but thats fishing.

Managed 5 codling tonight in our club match but they werent that big but were all weighers.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg