Big price difference for virtually the same thing

Tyke

i appreciate what you're trying to say tyke, but these two items are obviously not the same, buy the cheapo one and see how many times you use it before it tears, or a pole breaks. i'm no fox fan, quite the opposite infact, but you're not comparing like with like here

[ 25. May 2005, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

ooops, if any mods can be bothered deleting this, please do

[ 25. May 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

there are some great deals to be had on ebay but you definately have to sort through the crap. Its like being at a jumble sale. There is always something of value but you have got to find it.

I bought a dutch fish plate at st lukes hospice shop for 80p sold it on ebay for £25. Go shop around in these places it benefits you and the charity. its what its all about!

Jeepster did you read the review for the Fox Eurodome :D

Strengths:

outer skin good and very sturdy in strong winds

Weaknesses:

zips dont last that long the elastic in the poles seem to break which make it hard to put up

Overall:

this is a nice bivvie but with the zips going in just one season im just hopeing the euroeasy dome is better great for long stays but bad for short takes longer than ten mins to put up.

The Ebay Tent/bivvy is much the same type i bought 7 years ago and is still ok apart from a bit of black mould on the inner lining.

Also my tent is purple and blue :rolleyes:

so that green one will look better on the bankside.

I do understand what your saying though about quality and sometimes something cheap does turn out to be cheap and nasty but then again some company's put a name on something and charge 3 to 4 times more.

We're in the throwaway age anyway. Even a pricey Fox bivvy will be sold for something even bigger and better after a year or two and whats it worth then 60-70 quid ? Thats a lot of money to lose. I'd buy the cheaper version and if its knackered after a year, sell it for a few quid and buy a new one. Still cheaper than Mr Fox. Better still, walk into Milletts at sale time and get an even better bivvy at an even better price (they call them tents in the real world)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'