Sustainable Fishing

big_cod

At least theres no albatross nearby to decimate

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What a way to spend a morning a lovelly day at sea this method of commercial fishing is extremly sustainable many years old long before trawling came on scene and it still does well today these guys are fishing for cod with baited lines with squid .This was a just a few days ago these lads love what they they do .

http://www.real-whitby.co.uk/real-forum/index.php/Thread/221-Sustainable-Fishing-At-Whitby-Fishing-With-Long-Lines-On-A-Whitby-Coble/

paul.

This fishery would not meet the criteria for being a "sustainable fishery" paul, no more than your angling endeavours would.

Much as it's all lovely and very nice and looks great fun "sustainable" it is not.

Why......Cod in the North Sea are still under a formal EU recovery plan, so any take from the stock is unsustainable, even a single fish let alone the boat loads you take some days.....crazy as it may seem that is the reality.

Sustainability is a whole of the impacts and stock, it doesn't do - it was him or he is worse than me....think big picture.

• Like 2

This fishery would not meet the criteria for being a "sustainable fishery" paul, no more than your angling endeavours would.

Much as it's all lovely and very nice and looks great fun "sustainable" it is not.

Why......Cod in the North Sea are still under a formal EU recovery plan, so any take from the stock is unsustainable, even a single fish let alone the boat loads you take some days.....crazy as it may seem that is the reality.

Sustainability is a whole of the impacts and stock, it doesn't do - it was him or he is worse than me....think big picture.

So angling nots susatainable and fishing with longlines not sustainable :doh: no discards steve new one on me so what happens to the cod as a by catch in the dredges steve as i am to believe what the scallop boats up here are doing is dumping any fish they get as they cant be bothered or have no quota to land it they are getting that many scallops its just hassle to mess about with the fish and this is what i was told from a lad who just done a trip on one of the scallopers funny one old world aint it..

But on other hand leasing quota puts you in that position if you have paid £1500 a ton to lease cod quota it has to be the best sized fish to get the best price or it goes back over the side its a mad world but us little lads dont even scatch the surface if you think we do you are extremly nieve .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

So angling nots susatainable and fishing with longlines not sustainable :doh: no discards steve new one on me so what happens to the cod as a by catch in the dredges steve as i am to believe what the scallop boats up here are doing is dumping any fish they get as they cant be bothered or have no quota to land it they are getting that many scallops its just hassle to mess about with the fish and this is what i was told from a lad who just done a trip on one of the scallopers funny one old world aint it..

Now if you are seriously worried about cod stocks as you seem to be what i was told the other day will make your hairs stand on end .

There are boats who have now registered in norway that takes them out of the uk quota system and can now fish in uk water but only have a 25% bycatch of cod in the catch so now what happends there selective grading on hugh scale unless its over box lenth to get the best price for the fish on the market it goes straight back over the side dead perfectly good fish i was told by a lad who is working the same grounds and has spent 100ss of £1000ss of pounds buying quota over the years boats fishing along side them are doing this as we speak so if you worried about the few codlings we catch wake up to the reality.

But on other hand leasing quota puts you in that position if you have paid £1500 a ton to lease cod quota it has to be the best sized fish to get the best price or it goes back over the side its a mad world but us little lads dont even scatch the surface if you think we do you are extremly nieve .

paul.

I don't think anything on the situation paul I am simply highlighting the reality of what passes for being "sustainable" regarding modern fish stocks.

For Cod in any area where they are under a formal EU recovery plan (as Cod are in the UK zone of the North Sea) no take from the stock can be described as sustainable, be that taking one fish or taking one hundred tons of fish, it matters not a jot.

Regarding reality and who is naive, I am simply telling you the reality of how things are, there is nothing unrealistic or naive in what I post on this issue, you seem to be struggling to grasp reality - whether that makes you naive or not I couldn't possibly comment, although I really hope that someone in your position has a better idea of what's what than it sometimes appears.

That old devil called reality is what you have to deal with, how it actually is......not how you think it should be or how you wish it to be. Hopefully some day you will wake up before your entire foot is shot away.... :secret:

I am intrigued with all these UK boats Flagging out to Norway, I know of one ex PD boat who did but that was a complex issue, who are the rest?

I don't think anything on the situation paul I am simply highlighting the reality of what passes for being "sustainable" regarding modern fish stocks.

For Cod in any area where they are under a formal EU recovery plan (as Cod are in the UK zone of the North Sea) no take from the stock can be described as sustainable, be that taking one fish or taking one hundred tons of fish, it matters not a jot.

Regarding reality and who is naive, I am simply telling you the reality of how things are, there is nothing unrealistic or naive in what I post on this issue, you seem to be struggling to grasp reality - whether that makes you naive or not I couldn't possibly comment, although I really hope that someone in your position has a better idea of what's what than it sometimes appears.

That old devil called reality is what you have to deal with, how it actually is......not how you think it should be or how you wish it to be. Hopefully some day you will wake up before your entire foot is shot away.... :secret:

I am intrigued with all these UK boats Flagging out to Norway, I know of one ex PD boat who did but that was a complex issue, who are the rest?

So what i was told is right steve i wasnt told just how many boats had done this but he said they fishing side by side with boats which have done this the exact numbers of boats i couldnt tell you facinating this is allowed to go on .

What do think about the discards from the scallop dredges .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

o what i was told is right steve i wasnt told just how many boats had done this but he said they fishing side by side with boats which have done this the exact numbers of boats i couldnt tell you facinating this is allowed to go on .

What do think about the discards from the scallop dredges .

paul.

On your first point, do you ever wonder if people tell you things knowing that you will go on to repeat them and make an arse of yourself?

I am astonished given all that you have told us that the scallopers are catching any cod, it makes a complete mockery of all of your wild sensationalistic claims, yet another foot shot, well done you...... :doh:

On your first point, do you ever wonder if people tell you things knowing that you will go on to repeat them and make an arse of yourself?

I am astonished given all that you have told us that the scallopers are catching any cod, it makes a complete mockery of all of your wild sensationalistic claims, yet another foot shot, well done you..

.... :doh:

My claims steve again i asked you before why has a 6 mile emergency closed area being imposed on scalloping i didnt do it it wasnt my decision so now your saying there is no fish that get into the dredges is that right or wrong i thinks its right and you know its right they arent sensational claims steve they are facts do dredges smash lobsters to bits fact yes do they smash crabs to bits fact yes do they also catch fish fact yes no sensensations claims steve just everything is total denile.

As for boats changeing flags no sensational claims.

Who says breaking the law doesnt payl

£460,000 in the bank fined £97,000

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/environment/article4378453.ece

Seen you having a good rant on facebook steve that nasty MMO .

paul..

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

My claims steve again i asked you before why has a 6 mile emergency closed area being imposed on scalloping i didnt do it it wasnt my decision so now your saying there is no fish that get into the dredges is that right or wrong i thinks its right and you know its right they arent sensational claims steve they are facts do dredges smash lobsters to bits fact yes do they smash crabs to bits fact yes do they also catch fish fact yes no sensensations claims steve just everything is total denile.

As for boats changeing flags i will find just how many have done this again its a fact this has happened no sensational claims

Who says breaking the law doesnt payl

£460,000 in the bank fined £97,000

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/environment/article4378453.ece

paul..

Interesting stuff again paul.....the six mile closure was because of gear conflict, nothing more and nothing less.

I have never said no fish get in the dredges, you however have constantly claimed that there should be no Cod where the dredges are, yet you now appear to completely contradict that.

Today you regale us with tales of lots of Cod being discarded by these same scallop dredgers on the scallop grounds where according to you there should be no Cod.

Both versions obviously can't be right outwith the Land of Make Believe, which one is it that you are promoting today.....??,

This is starting to smell like yet another world class example of foot shooting....you are really good at making a mockery of your own points aren't you.

Please do find out how many UK boats have flagged out to Norway, I would be interested to hear that as Norwegian regs make the draconian UK regs seem like light touch.

I agree with you on the link, it is absolutely disgraceful how lightly they got off, something strange has gone on there I suspect.

• Like 1

Talk about swerving it's 360 degree hand brake turn, no facts just statements that don't make one bit of sense, has Norway now changed it's discard regs. And as for dragging a pelagic boat into Steve's discussion, what for? 'p' ing up the wall just don't cut it with the pool table argument. Followed by a dramatic recovery of the cod stock in the same area, once it's been flattened.

top draw stuff this is.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Interesting stuff again paul.....the six mile closure was because of gear conflict, nothing more and nothing less.

I have never said no fish get in the dredges, you however have constantly claimed that there should be no Cod where the dredges are, yet you now appear to completely contradict that.

Today you regale us with tales of lots of Cod being discarded by these same scallop dredgers on the scallop grounds where according to you there should be no Cod.

Both versions obviously can't be right outwith the Land of Make Believe, which one is it that you are promoting today.....??,

This is starting to smell like yet another world class example of foot shooting....you are really good at making a mockery of your own points aren't you.

Please do find out how many UK boats have flagged out to Norway, I would be interested to hear that as Norwegian regs make the draconian UK regs seem like light touch.

I agree with you on the link, it is absolutely disgraceful how lightly they got off, something strange has gone on there I suspect.

The gear wasn't the only reason the 6 limit was imposed it has lot to do with the destruction of the ground as well don't kid yourself Steve and it ain't finished yet and again I don't make these regulations .

You were asking about Pot limitation on Facebook I thought you would have known that Steve all the years fishing commercially .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg