Anglers Mail

frankthebass

Over the years the space allocated to sea angling in the Anglers Mail has decreased to just a couple of pages.

For this reason I only would buy the weekly in the winter as thats when I go Coarse fishing, and I find the Anglers Mail; to be a interesting read for Coarse fishing.

However last weeks issue was most refreshing, with Any Littles two page spread on bassing at Dover and the fish doctors brief look at mullet it was topped by a interview with Jim Gibinson about his new book.

All in all a good read for 1.45.

Edited by frankthebass

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

Over the years the space allocated to sea angling in the Anglers Mail has decreased to just a couple of pages.

For this reason I only would buy the weekly in the winter as thats when I go Coarse fishing, and I find the Anglers Mail; to be a interesting read for Coarse fishing.

However last weeks issue was most refreshing, with Any Littles two page spread on bassing at Dover and the fish doctors brief look at mullet it was topped by a interview with Jim Gibinson about his new book.

All in all a good read for 1.45.

As from the end of December the Anglers Mail is giving up its Sea Angling coverage.

Very short-sited imo. It is the only thing that AM have over AT.

In the Tackle & Guns mag survey, of the £515,800,000 spent on angling, £169,700,000 was spent on pleasure and match fishing, £110,700,000 on carp, £138,300,000 on game fishing and £97,120,000 on sea fishing. There was also £103,300,000 spent on 'bait', but I assume that this is largely carp baits and ground baits rather than live baits of any type.

That shows that there is a huge following for sea fishing nad you would have thought the weekly mags would have wated to cover it.

One of the guys who writes for the sea fishing section in anglers mail warned me of this over a year ago and said they were threatening then to stop the sea fishing reports in the anglers mail , i think they are hoping you go and buy the sea angler mag its all about money stop one thing and hope they will gain in another it stinks.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

One of the guys who writes for the sea fishing section in anglers mail warned me of this over a year ago and said they were threatening then to stop the sea fishing reports in the anglers mail , i think they are hoping you go and buy the sea angler mag its all about money stop one thing and hope they will gain in another it stinks.

As Angler's Mail is owned by IPC and Sea Angler by EMAP, I don't think you could be further off the mark!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

As Angler's Mail is owned by IPC and Sea Angler by EMAP, I don't think you could be further off the mark!

For what reason would they stop a few words on sea fishing in a mag, i know sea angler is owned by ermap and tsf is owned by dhp never really looked at the publishers name on the anglers mail as i never buy it but one of the lads who writes for the anglers mail rings me regulary for fishing reports shame they are going to dismiss sea angling.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

For what reason would they stop a few words on sea fishing in a mag, i know sea angler is owned by ermap and tsf is owned by dhp never really looked at the publishers name on the anglers mail as i never buy it but one of the lads who writes for the anglers mail rings me regulary for fishing reports shame they are going to dismiss sea angling.

:clap2: Perhaps I'll have an ad in the A.M to coincide with their last sea angling article to tell their sea angling readers where they can get sea angling reports and pictures delivered to their door monthly for £12 a year. Do you think they'd run it? :clap2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 24 2006, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: Perhaps I'll have an ad in the A.M to coincide with their last sea angling article to tell their sea angling readers where they can get sea angling reports and pictures delivered to their door monthly for £12 a year. Do you think they'd run it? :clap2:

Anglers Mail last issue containing Sea Angling copy comes out on December 19.