Can anyone name this reel?

n4lly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

n4LLy

The little gem of a trolling reel in the photo could easily be described as a little far eastern humour at least where trolling reels are concerned. They hit the market around the early to mid 1990`s and may even have carried a two week warranty at that time, (since reduced).

It`s a BANAX TRACKER 50H. Manufactured in both Korea and China by Bando Sports a subsidiary Co. of Daiwa Seiko. All I can say is that it certainly aint an Inty or Shimano 50 trolling.

Stan

Hi n4lly

If you go by looks it does appear to be half tidy, but as we all know looks can be deceiving.

All of the reels I have seen or owned are proud to place their name on the reel somewhere and model make etc.

It is being sold as stated so it could be anything, I am sure if it was a decent make the seller would have named it in order to obtain the best price.

Just my thoughts

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Ken, check his other sales, does not name the other

reels. Location: Oxfordshire!

Could this be something special, quit the far east copy stuff, look at the drilled handel and machined spool

[ 23. August 2005, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: n4lly ]

1509tarpon_75_.gif

n4lly

the reel in the photo is bog standard out of the factory including the handle. They also do a 30 and 30 levelwind model with the same handle. As a claimed 50 trolling reel they`ve missed a few items.

No top frame brace, no harness lugs, lever drag, and about 4 or 500 mtrs of line capacity.

it would make a good trolling weight, that's about all it's good for :)

[ 23. August 2005, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Davy Holt ]

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

OK lets's see the evidence

claims a 50lb class trolling reel but gives line capacity for 20lb line

As Stan says, no top brace, no harness lugs, no lever drag and by the looks of it no reel clamp.. in other words CRAP :)

would make a good Bass reel though demon

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"