Can anyone name this reel?

n4lly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nowt, I cast a Penn International 50TWS most weekends, I'm also quite good at casting a TLD20.. it can be done .. just not much point in it :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

I have an SX as well - you won't here it whine - it whispers. Its narrower than a 5000 and they've crammed six bearings into it (I span the spool when I started typing this post and it's still going!)

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

'As I said, were American, now Chinese. I believe Shakespeare are an American owned company but have had factories in China for 10 years or more.'

The new Pfleuger President is all american. Amazingly made in the good ol' US of A. Not a chinky poo in sight.

That pictured reel is chinese. Its a new reel not a vintage reel, there's the clue ya see. All of the stuff coming independently out of china looks like it was made by Penn/Daiwa thiry years ago. The handle looks very decorative but on a long hard fish I can see it gouging lumps out of your hand.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

There is a guy in the UK who puts Avet SX reels on ebay occasionally. Look really nice, I was tempted but unless they do them in black graphite with corroded bits all over them the wife would notice I'd bought yet another reel :D

Besides I'd want 2 :rolleyes:

quote:

Originally posted by argyll:

The handle looks very decorative but on a long hard fish I can see it gouging lumps out of your hand. [/QB]

:cool: Long, hard fight with a fish! Haven't had one of those since I was at LA with Davey and team.

:D