Anyone tried this ?

DrDoug

Haven't tried it yet, but the idea is not new, despite the hype of "revolutionary invention" in the advert.

The method was pioneered by an American tuna guide George Farnsworth (1883-1959) and used by Will Boschen to take the first broadbill swordfish on rod and line.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

As Vagabond said, the principle of kite fishing has been around for years.

However , I have never seen it used in the UK.

I do know a chap who uses that rig on a falling tide,( with the floating bottle, but without the kite ), very successfully for flatfish.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Kite fishing has been around for many decades. Was used with a fair bit of success in Venezuela ten to fifteen years ago for surface basking broadbill.

Basically a fish that will not look at a trolled lure or freelined bait may show some interest in one that is skipped over the surface. I have built a few kite rods in my time, more or less a cut down boat or beach rod blank (tip) four to five feet long, basic reel seat and grips with a capacity to handle a 4/0 size Senator reel.

Idea is to send a (preferred) livebait up and over the basking or surface feeding fish and allow it to skip and splash in front. If it takes it takes. Probably more chance freelining but on "those days" , anything is worth a go.

Stan

Have toyed with the idea of a kite/helium filled balloons for taking a tope bait out into Luce Bay!!! Maybe give it a go next year :sun:

Stan if your coming down to the van again feel free to give me a kite tutorial :) If the wind does not play game we can always go to the Clash on the lash :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Have toyed with the idea of a kite/helium filled balloons for taking a tope bait out into Luce Bay!!! Maybe give it a go next year :sun:

Stan if your coming down to the van again feel free to give me a kite tutorial :) If the wind does not play game we can always go to the Clash on the lash :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Done deal John, :yeah::clap2::clap::clap::D