Pleased as punch

glennk

Nice one, Glenn. Great to see you being honest about the distance, too - I was led to believe that the whole world, apart from me, casts at least 150 yards for their fish :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Skippy yeh Sunday night mate. Was nearly blown off my feet a couple of times.

Elton, I can probably cast 100 yards at the very most with a bait on. Makes me laugh how far people estimate they cast. With a big bait strong winds, lots of clothes on etc my casting distance is probably down around the 50-60 yards mark. I still like to cast a lot shorter at times. A couple of times Sunday night I cast less than 20 on purpose. I believe at the right venues this is where the bigger fish swim - That's my theory anyway.

Guest challenge

Well done glen, we might not see eye to eye on a lot of things but fishing is a great leveller.

Well done, although you always fish for a decent fish, it’s must be one hell of a thrill and make everything worth while when you do get a lovely fish like that.

The weather was atrocious so that makes it an even better effort in my eyes.

Again well done and hope that there is more for you this winter. :clap::clap:

Well done Glenn,

That's a cracking fish. We rarely get cod down here but I imagine a double figure cod to you would be like a double figure bass to me. I think if I'd caught it they'd have to surgically remove the smile from my face. :D

Edited by Puffin

Yes a nice fish especially from the mark it came from ,i was fishing the same mark with glen but moved to another mark only a few miniutes away my best fish was 6lb 1oz, the area we were fishing on sunday night fished well most of the lads all caught cod , glen with a bit of luck you might get another in the next few weeks it looks promising.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi Paul,

That's what I was telling you and Chris last week. Its only the conditions stopping us having a great season. Sunday night was far from perfect and the swell had almost gone but look at the results. Just imagine what could have been possible with a real south easterly swell coming at us. The other week Mr Perrett had 10 fish with a little northerly swell.

Fingers crossed for some real weather before its too late and the fish bugger off again.