Viney's Homemade Centerpin

viney

Thanks Chris, I will have to take you up on that offer I think when I come to starting the hub just to get everything 100% in my head

OK - let me know when - don't think you're too far from me - you can pick up the rod tube I've got for you as well! ;)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I'm over by the recency hotel? Completely forgot about that, didn't end up taking a rod to Ireland or Ukraine but got a few trips to Scotland and Ireland coming up so I may take a rod now it's warmer!

Regency Park in Thatcham? I live about 6 miles away - I'm around this coming weekend if you fancy dropping by - PM me if you wanna arrange something!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

That's the one Chris, I have a list as long as my arm of jobs from her indoors for this weekend :(

Managed to get a bit done yesterday and today, all the line lays have been cut and drilled ready to be tapped and both sides of the spool are roughed out and parted off. Hopefully be able to get it up on the mill to start drilling the holes for the line lays and spokes on Monday :)

IMAG1797.jpg

• Like 1

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Kudos to you Matt, you’ve jumped in at the deep end. The line lays alone won’t be sufficient to keep the drum true so it looks like you’ve decided on functional spokes and the complex drum latch mechanism. It’ll be worth thinking about how much you want the finished reel to weigh, no more than 260gm would be a good target. I popped some of mine on the kitchen scales;

Witcher 1920, 236gm

Youngs BJ 2080, 242gm

Lythe 1915, 263gm

AN Centrepin, 263gm

Allcocks Match Aerial, 266gm

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Will weigh what I've got so far on Monday, hadn't thought much about weight but there is still quite a bit of material to come out of the spool. Looking forward to figuring out the release mechanism, tight tolerances and fiddly stuff are right up my street to be honest

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88