AN ADVERT IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER TO LET ANGLERS KNOW WHATS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENCES

big_cod

If the commercials are as restricted as you say? i dont see how the hell they are managing to make a livable wage, perhaps those that are left in the industry should jack it in and change there occupation like have had to do more than once in my lifetime..............

With all due respect Stavey, isn’t that the same as saying you should sell your fishing tackle and buy some golf clubs?

Regards

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people really believe that it's all johnny foreigner's fault that the inshore fishing is so poor?

Hi Steve, i did not say that it was all mr foreigner's fault. Again what i am seeing at present is the non-british registered trawlers along side the uk trawlers targeting the winter run of cod down the channel. I would be suprised if they did not have an impact, however in line with the eu rules they are entitalled to them as are every one else.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
Hi challenge

If the commercials are as restricted as you say? i dont see how the hell they are managing to make a livable wage, perhaps those that are left in the industry should jack it in and change there occupation like have had to do more than once in my lifetime..............

Stavey.

Because of the massive amount of restrictions that commercial fishermen have been put under in recent years and the compulsory decommissioning and scraping of a massive part of the fleet, it means that so many fishermen have been forced to leave the industry.

But we still have a fleet, we still have an industry. an industry that (despite all the restrictions that have been imposed on it) in certain sectors managed to break all grossing records in some of the areas (Peterhead, Aberdeen etc) that have been most effected by the ruthless restrictions that have been dealt out to this industry.

Why is this do you think stavey? Do you think it might just be that a lot of commercial fishermen actually believe in there industry? Do you think it might just be that there enthusiasm that they have for there industry outshines the dark adversity that is constantly thrown in there direction?

For RSA to say that they wont pay for the privilege to fish unless this government puts restrictions on commercial fishermen sounds so comical to commercial fishermen that it could only be dreamt up by people who want us all to become part of this mad bureaucratic mess that has been imposed on people who at the end of the day, simply like to catch fish.

Regards.

Stavey.

Because of the massive amount of restrictions that commercial fishermen have been put under in recent years and the compulsory decommissioning and scraping of a massive part of the fleet, it means that so many fishermen have been forced to leave the industry.

But we still have a fleet, we still have an industry. an industry that (despite all the restrictions that have been imposed on it) in certain sectors managed to break all grossing records in some of the areas (Peterhead, Aberdeen etc) that have been most effected by the ruthless restrictions that have been dealt out to this industry.

Why is this do you think stavey? Do you think it might just be that a lot of commercial fishermen actually believe in there industry? Do you think it might just be that there enthusiasm that they have for there industry outshines the dark adversity that is constantly thrown in there direction?

For RSA to say that they wont pay for the privilege to fish unless this government puts restrictions on commercial fishermen sounds so comical to commercial fishermen that it could only be dreamt up by people who want us all to become part of this mad bureaucratic mess that has been imposed on people who at the end of the day, simply like to catch fish.

Regards.

blahblahblahblahblah :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

you really do spout some ******

What a load of old ****.

Hello again Commercial, i was looking forward to your comments following my post number fiffteen regrding your topic. Look forward to hearing from you. barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

QUOTE(stavey @ Jan 11 2007, 03:15 PM)

They make a living wage by being versatile, some work on building sites when the fishing is slow others go weed gathering. Commercial fishermen may be many things but they aint scared of a bit of hard work.

Redherring and challenge

I never said they are scared of hard work, they have chosen a hard and indeed at times dangerous occupation as we all know, but whether through the governments makings on distroying it or not, it is still at the end of the day there choice, instead of being a part time jack of all trades as you say they are then perhaps they should put more of there time and effort in to alternatives like the building site and weed gathering, and forget about wasting some of it on the commercial fishing side of things altogether? its a tough old life for everyone but we all have to make changes to survive and if you are struggling to make a living doing one thing? then do something else, simple realy, bit like yourself challenge, cheers...............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge

Commercialfisherman.

So where do you practice your commercial fishing then commercial fisherman?

Smudgertoo

Thanks for the well thought out constructive reply you have again contributed.

Obviously your knowledge and experience of the commercial industry (and them who work in it) is reflected in your cartoon of somebody banging there head on an uninformed wall.

Regards.

Stavey.

if you where to read my comments again you will see that I have pointed out that regardless of the barriers and restrictions that have been places on fishermen in places like Aberdeen and Peterhead (respectably) they have still managed to overcome (through hard work and dedication) and achieve record grossing and a healthy climate to there industry.

They have not had to go and pick sea weed or lay bricks on a building site as yet. :thumbs:

if you where to read my comments again you will see that I have pointed out that regardless of the barriers and restrictions that have been places on fishermen in places like Aberdeen and Peterhead (respectably) they have still managed to overcome (through hard work and dedication) and achieve record grossing and a healthy climate to there industry.

They have not had to go and pick sea weed or lay bricks on a building site as yet. :thumbs:

And yet ..........

The situation is getting worse," the source revealed. "We are looking at about 600 people in Fraserburgh who are addicted to heroin, compared with about 200 in 1998. Of that 600, a fair proportion are linked to the fishing industry.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=65002007

So sad, my heart goes out to the families involved.

That is a scourge I wouldn't wish on anyone :(

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust