AN ADVERT IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER TO LET ANGLERS KNOW WHATS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENCES

big_cod

Guest challenge
Hello wurzel

If only that what you have said was all true? i can believe the latter about the commercials getting bitter and twisted though, bit late i know but happy new year to you wurzel cheers........

I wonder if any of the commercial fishermen who are also recreational sea anglers get bitter and twisted with them selves.

Who is going to represent them if they pay for the privilege of angling? And what will there angling representatives ask for in return for there investment? Golden mile? MLS limitations? Even more limitations on themselves as commercial fishermen? :thumbs:

Regards.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF a license does appear that frame work of laws will be on the backside of it and at £25 per year it will be a worth while investment. At the top will be a licensing authority and they will have to protect our rights.

Hi Ken

Happy new year :thumbs:

I don't think it's if, it's when we get a licence, and it could be sooner than we think if DEFRA's determination to impose bag limits through the back door are anything to go by. Ben Bradshaw has already stated that the government will get a rare early opportunity to implement measures such as a possible sea angling licence in March this year when the white paper comes out.

Among all the other bull in the sea angling strategy document, there is a bit about anglers having to buy third party liability insurance. So if it all gets the green light you'll have more than just a £25 licence to pay for, and with bag limits imposed, hardly any decent fish left inshore and no prospect of anything changing, sea anglers are going to have to ask themselves, is it worth it? I can see RSA numbers tumbling dramatically if these half baked ideas are implemeted and the effect on the recreational fishing industry will be devastating.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Ben Bradshaw has already stated that the government will get a rare early opportunity to implement measures such as a possible sea angling licence in March this year when the white paper comes out.

Hasn't there got to be a Green Paper first?

Perhaps the RSA rep has told HMG that it won't be necessary.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Hi Ken

Happy new year :thumbs:

I don't think it's if, it's when we get a licence, and it could be sooner than we think if DEFRA's determination to impose bag limits through the back door are anything to go by. Ben Bradshaw has already stated that the government will get a rare early opportunity to implement measures such as a possible sea angling licence in March this year when the white paper comes out.

Among all the other bull in the sea angling strategy document, there is a bit about anglers having to buy third party liability insurance. So if it all gets the green light you'll have more than just a £25 licence to pay for, and with bag limits imposed, hardly any decent fish left inshore and no prospect of anything changing, sea anglers are going to have to ask themselves, is it worth it? I can see RSA numbers tumbling dramatically if these half baked ideas are implemeted and the effect on the recreational fishing industry will be devastating.

Looks to me that our mr bradshaw and co are gearing themselves up to commence the alteration of our fishing experiance, never in the history of rsa fishing will so much dammage be done by so few. Well done mr bradshaw, how's your pension fund doing?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I wonder if any of the commercial fishermen who are also recreational sea anglers get bitter and twisted with them selves.

Who is going to represent them if they pay for the privilege of angling? And what will there angling representatives ask for in return for there investment? Golden mile? MLS limitations? Even more limitations on themselves as commercial fishermen? :thumbs:

Regards.

Hi challenge

If that commercial fishermen has to look at it with your mindset? then he has to make a decision as to whether he does one or the other simple as that, but if he can put his old commercial attitude to one side? and that is "everything that swims or crawls within the sea belongs to him and no one else" and is willing to work with the rsa and yes in his eyes make few compromises? then i see no reason for him not to participate in both commercial and rsa, and to have very good prospects for the future to boot, cheers.

Ps this as usual is only my opinion and is how i see it.

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge
Hi challenge

If that commercial fishermen has to look at it with your mindset? then he has to make a decision as to whether he does one or the other simple as that, but if he can put his old commercial attitude to one side? and that is "everything that swims or crawls within the sea belongs to him and no one else" and is willing to work with the rsa and yes in his eyes make few compromises? then i see no reason for him not to participate in both commercial and rsa, and to have very good prospects for the future to boot, cheers.

Ps this as usual is only my opinion and is how i see it.

Old commercial attitudes? Maybe a lot of the problems are what people define as commercial attitudes? I will never put my old commercial attitudes to one side because they had nothing to do with owning everything that swam or crawled in the sea.

My commercial attitudes of yesterday are the same as they would be today.

Make an enjoyable living today and make sure that I have a living to make tomorrow.

Commercial fishermen have to make compromises every day; there industry has been saturated with compromise for decades.

Perhaps recreational management could learn from commercial management?

The most successful charter boat skipper I have ever met told me that he puts most of his success down to his experience at catching fish and running his business that he got from when he was in the commercial sector.

I did a bit of commercial fishing the week before last, and I did a bit of recreational fishing last week. Enjoyed both as much today as I have always done and was just as successful thank you.

Regards.

Enjoyed both as much today as I have always done and was just as successful

Hello Challenge

It's that successful bit, whether rsa or commercial they don't seem to understand.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Old commercial attitudes? Maybe a lot of the problems are what people define as commercial attitudes? I will never put my old commercial attitudes to one side because they had nothing to do with owning everything that swam or crawled in the sea.

My commercial attitudes of yesterday are the same as they would be today.

Make an enjoyable living today and make sure that I have a living to make tomorrow.

Commercial fishermen have to make compromises every day; there industry has been saturated with compromise for decades.

Perhaps recreational management could learn from commercial management?

The most successful charter boat skipper I have ever met told me that he puts most of his success down to his experience at catching fish and running his business that he got from when he was in the commercial sector.

I did a bit of commercial fishing the week before last, and I did a bit of recreational fishing last week. Enjoyed both as much today as I have always done and was just as successful thank you.

Regards.

Hi challenge

As i see it in the future! whether you or any other person in your position like's it or not the way you operate for a living or as a hobby will change (like it has in the past when you were a commercial full time) but unlike the past your diversity options this time will be much more limited,

cheers...........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge

Enjoyed both as much today as I have always done and was just as successful

Hello Challenge

It's that successful bit, whether rsa or commercial they don't seem to understand.

Maybe there successful past experiences at angling are blurring there vision of angling in the future?

To gain any kind of success I have always made realistic goals on which to measure my success in what ever I have done.

Catch a box of fish that’s worth £60 today or catch four boxes of fish that where worth £6 a box yesterday. The four boxes that you caught yesterday may have made you think you where successful just as much as the one box would today.

Regards.