ANGLERS HAVE NOW MADE THEIR OWN BEDS

Twice before christmas i was out both occasions i was looking at inshore trawlers with registrations that i do not recognise or see often they do not look like uk registrations.

To check on UK registrations, start here:

http://statistics.defra.gov.uk/esg/publica...els/default.asp

Foreign vessels shouldn't be working within six miles, if you spot any vessels contravening regulations, contact your local MFA office:

http://www.mfa.gov.uk/contact/portoffice.htm

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To check on UK registrations, start here:

http://statistics.defra.gov.uk/esg/publica...els/default.asp

Foreign vessels shouldn't be working within six miles, if you spot any vessels contravening regulations, contact your local MFA office:

http://www.mfa.gov.uk/contact/portoffice.htm

Many thanks for the information Leon. noted and inprinted on my brain thank you.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi wurzel welcome back

Twice before christmas i was out both occasions i was looking at inshore trawlers with registrations that i do not recognise or see often they do not look like uk registrations. This was along side the inshore trawlers that i do recognise and they was gutting rather large cod and good luck to them. I did not say that it was a major cod fishery i said that at present they are targeting the cod as at present they are here, i do not know how long it will last but the cod are either taken or they move on. I do Know what i see wurzel and i can also add up. I have posted what is fact thank you.

So Barry, now we get to the truth, it's not the gross over fishing by hundreds of large trawlers that your first post suggested,

Quote " At present the inshore waters at the top end of the channel are inundated with trawlers"

But a hand full of small local boats probably not trawlers at all but gill netters, with the odd visiting boat, in the past I have joined this fishery, living a board and working from Ramsgate, mostly large 150 mm nets are used, only on the neap tides and the fishery finishes when the cod move off to spawn after Christmas, I doubt they have much effect on the overall cod stock in that area, even less so this season due to the weather.

I fish to live and live to fish.

So Barry, now we get to the truth, it's not the gross over fishing by hundreds of large trawlers that your first post suggested,

Quote " At present the inshore waters at the top end of the channel are inundated with trawlers"

But a hand full of small local boats probably not trawlers at all but gill netters, with the odd visiting boat, in the past I have joined this fishery, living a board and working from Ramsgate, mostly large 150 mm nets are used, only on the neap tides and the fishery finishes when the cod move off to spawn after Christmas, I doubt they have much effect on the overall cod stock in that area, even less so this season due to the weather.

No wurzel i know what i see, did i say hundreds?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

So what does "inundated with trawlers" mean?

How many did you acually see?

In folkstone harbour there are usually only a couple of normal trawlers not the netters . Just before the holiday break we see at least a dozen, im going again next week and i will count them and also photograth them if you like. cheers

Edited by barry luxton

In folkstone harbour there are usually only a couple of normal trawlers not the netters . Just before the holiday break we see at least a dozen, im going again next week and i will count them and also photograth them if you like. cheers

Barry, you have just hit the nail on the head. If every RSA took pictures of the commercials they see working, and then compares it to the official registration, as per Leons list, in effect they would be a thousand times more effective than the fisheries patrol vessels that sit tied up for so many months when the budget for fuel runs out. I even already started without realising. Here is a picture of a well known commercial from Brighton marina completely ignoring all local byelaws about motoring and setting traps within 200 yards of the marina arm. He is dropping pots, so slightly less anoying for the RSA than tangle nets, unless you visit the marina for the lobsters of course. But still shows the blatant disregard that SOME commercials have for local byelaws. I genuinely believe that the commercials contributing on here are far more responsible, but just as there are irresponsible RSA's, just because a commercial has numbers, doesnt mean they are playing the game.

So, the boats numbers are SA367. After checking it on the list supplied by Leon, I can tell the following:-

HASTINGS BRIGHTON SA367 SOPHIE JANE C17525 NON-SECTOR 5.62 1.03 37.3 27.575 1989 F GBR

Still cant tell if it has Quota, or what sort of quota, but at least I can see it is licenced and registered. So, no what do we do? Here is a registered, licenced boat, which maybe has quota, working illegally setting pots in a prohibited area. And if you know the owners, can you tell them not to call me a "F*CKING W*NKER" next time I take a picture of their boat working illegally. After all, it is them breaking the law, not me...... Comments, anybody?

post-6331-1168798674_thumb.jpg

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ IF YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FISH STOCKS

Barry, you have just hit the nail on the head. If every RSA took pictures of the commercials they see working, and then compares it to the official registration, as per Leons list, in effect they would be a thousand times more effective than the fisheries patrol vessels that sit tied up for so many months when the budget for fuel runs out. I even already started without realising. Here is a picture of a well known commercial from Brighton marina completely ignoring all local byelaws about motoring and setting traps within 200 yards of the marina arm. He is dropping pots, so slightly less anoying for the RSA than tangle nets, unless you visit the marina for the lobsters of course. But still shows the blatant disregard that SOME commercials have for local byelaws. I genuinely believe that the commercials contributing on here are far more responsible, but just as there are irresponsible RSA's, just because a commercial has numbers, doesnt mean they are playing the game.

So, the boats numbers are SA367. After checking it on the list supplied by Leon, I can tell the following:-

HASTINGS BRIGHTON SA367 SOPHIE JANE C17525 NON-SECTOR 5.62 1.03 37.3 27.575 1989 F GBR

Still cant tell if it has Quota, or what sort of quota, but at least I can see it is licenced and registered. So, no what do we do? Here is a registered, licenced boat, which maybe has quota, working illegally setting pots in a prohibited area. And if you know the owners, can you tell them not to call me a "F*CKING W*NKER" next time I take a picture of their boat working illegally. After all, it is them breaking the law, not me...... Comments, anybody?

Hi fishyrob, i have looked at your photo and could you tell me what are we supposed to be looking for all i see is a boat near the wall? Can't see anything wrong with that or am i missing something?

Hi fishyrob, i have looked at your photo and could you tell me what are we supposed to be looking for all i see is a boat near the wall? Can't see anything wrong with that or am i missing something?

Exactly.... He is dropping pots within the 200 meter safety exclusion around the marina wall. He berths in the marina so is fully aware of the rules of using the marina, but for some reason doesnt think they apply to him. His pots are then set for 24 hours costing anglers their hard earned cash as they lose set after set on it. Of course, it isnt marked with flag bouys, they drag for the line. Why? Because they know they are breaking the rules. Maybe the real reason they were setting it there was for the tackle harvest rather than the lobsters? This boat would appear to be licenced to fish between Brighton and Hastings if that is how you interperet the list, but instead decides to spoil other peoples days because he is a selfish bar steward by fishing right up against the marina. If he is prepared to break these rules, what other rules does he disregard?

[Admin note: abusive post and quoted bit of it here removed. Newt]

but I think your missing the point. NO BOATS, commercial, pleasure or rubber dingys are allowed within 200 meters of the wall, for safety reasons. The fact he is sitting there dropping pots shows complete disregard for the rules.