ANGLERS HAVE NOW MADE THEIR OWN BEDS

Thanks for the abuse, but I think your missing the point. NO BOATS, commercial, pleasure or rubber dingys are allowed within 200 meters of the wall, for safety reasons. The fact he is sitting there dropping pots shows complete disregard for the rules.

I think i'm going to have to side by fishyrob on this one. It doesn't matter who you are if you think something is not right indeed photograph it, better still, video it. Slowmail you could allways make a phone call to check. I don't condone personall abuse on this web site at all nor threats.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'm going to have to side by fishyrob on this one. It doesn't matter who you are if you think something is not right indeed photograph it, better still, video it. Slowmail you could allways make a phone call to check. I don't condone personall abuse on this web site at all nor threats.

yes but what does it matter to fishyrob that this boat is fishing in this area, is he a fishery officer how does this affect him, it doesnt so why not leave the fisherman alone and if he gets caught it will probaly be from a propoer fisherys bloke not from someone like fishyrob who this fisherman is not causing any trouble to also whats the need to go and find out about the vessels licence details and if it has quota.

Thanks for the abuse, but I think your missing the point. NO BOATS, commercial, pleasure or rubber dingys are allowed within 200 meters of the wall, for safety reasons. The fact he is sitting there dropping pots shows complete disregard for the rules.

Hello Fishyrob

Never been guesting then? are you a saint or something?

How is it unsafe to put pots near a harbour wall? potters often work pots up against cliff faces or even more dangerous along side reefs that are only inches from the surface.

By using a grapple and not marker buoys he is not endangering other craft going in and out of the harbour, a common practise in busy areas.

It must be rough ground for him to be potting it, so anglers are just as likely to hook a snag as a pot or rope.

You would have got the same ""F*CKING W*NKER"" if not worse from me, The law is an ass.

I fish to live and live to fish.

So a comercial fishermen can put what he wants to where he wants to agenst the rules or not and it dont matter.

But when someone puts some divice to tangle your nets where he wants to its wrong.

Is that right wuzzel?

Make your mind up.

you always said whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Can people put things on the sea bed where they want to or not?

who the f*cking w*nker?

yes but what does it matter to fishyrob that this boat is fishing in this area, is he a fishery officer how does this affect him, it doesnt so why not leave the fisherman alone and if he gets caught it will probaly be from a propoer fisherys bloke not from someone like fishyrob who this fisherman is not causing any trouble to also whats the need to go and find out about the vessels licence details and if it has quota.

So a guys walking down a road and see's some one kick over a waste bin, thats all right is it. Then he see's some one's granny get her bag snatched,could be your's or i thats allright is it. Then further down the road he see's a pedafile......... thats all right is it. Where does it stop?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Oh some photos of some lively pretty fishing boats would be lovely, they would brighten the place up a bit. Could you do me a special one with a real fisherman smoking a pip wearing a hat at a jaunty angle?

That would mean it being posted on a different section of the forum, boring.

Edited by barry luxton

This is the only bylaw I can find for that area

Bathing and Boating Bylaws

New Bathing and Boating bylaws came into force in October 2005. These cover the seafront from Hove Lagoon to Saltdean.

The Bylaws create 10 bathing areas from May to September inclusive every year. These bathing beaches are at Braemore Road, King Alfred, Second Avenue, West Pier, West Street, Palace Pier, Kemptown Slopes, Ovingdean, Rottingdean and Saltdean. For exact locations and additional information about the seafront there are information boards at all the main entrances to the seafront.

When lifeguards are on duty on the bathing beaches a system of red and yellow flags are flown to show the area of the bathing beach. It is always a good idea to speak with the lifeguard and ask about local conditions.

Vessels propelled either by motor or sail are not permitted to enter these bathing areas during May to September inclusive. Vessels powered by sail may use the waters everywhere else along the 11km of seafront.

Motorised craft during May to September may only drive within 200 metres of the beach at designated areas. These are at Hove Lagoon, Westbourne Villas, Adelaide Crescent, Ship Street, Royal Crescent and Lewes Crescent. At all times of the year motorised craft may not exceed a speed of 5 nautical miles per hour within 200 metres of the shoreline and must not exceed 10 nautical miles per hour within 400 metres of the shoreline. During the period October to April inclusive there are no designated bathing areas. Vessels powered by sail or motor may use all of the beaches provided that the motorised craft keep within the speed limit.

A copy of the bylaws map and explanation is available as a download from here Beach Bylaws [PDF 889kb].

[privacy statement] [statements of ownership and liability] [freedom of

Is the marina wall a bathing area then?

Was he exceeding the speed limit?

I fish to live and live to fish.

And now you are assuming things about me and you have no right to. This actually directly affects me with two scenarios, and in my pocket also. Most of the customers I have in the Cafe that is 100 yards inshore of where the boat is are anglers. They come and fish the arm for pleasure. It is no pleasure losing leads cast after cast. These anglers might not come back. I lose their custom in the Cafe, the leasee of the arms (this is a private marina, the fishing rights are leased) loses his customer. The angler might never come back, writing the venue off as a snag pit. Why should I lose even one penny through the thoughtless actions of somebody else. It is hard enough competing against the likes of Asda and Mcdonalds.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ IF YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FISH STOCKS

And why are the commercials on here so touchy about having their photos taken. I have mine taken routinely by tourists, and dont mind at all. Do you have something to hide? Do you believe that the camera captures your soul? Do you rely on the fisheries vessels not coming out to see you? Does the idea of having your numbers checked against the latest licence list worry you some how. This information is in the public domain for a reason.

This is the only bylaw I can find for that area

Bathing and Boating Bylaws

New Bathing and Boating bylaws came into force in October 2005. These cover the seafront from Hove Lagoon to Saltdean.

The Bylaws create 10 bathing areas from May to September inclusive every year. These bathing beaches are at Braemore Road, King Alfred, Second Avenue, West Pier, West Street, Palace Pier, Kemptown Slopes, Ovingdean, Rottingdean and Saltdean. For exact locations and additional information about the seafront there are information boards at all the main entrances to the seafront.

When lifeguards are on duty on the bathing beaches a system of red and yellow flags are flown to show the area of the bathing beach. It is always a good idea to speak with the lifeguard and ask about local conditions.

Vessels propelled either by motor or sail are not permitted to enter these bathing areas during May to September inclusive. Vessels powered by sail may use the waters everywhere else along the 11km of seafront.

Motorised craft during May to September may only drive within 200 metres of the beach at designated areas. These are at Hove Lagoon, Westbourne Villas, Adelaide Crescent, Ship Street, Royal Crescent and Lewes Crescent. At all times of the year motorised craft may not exceed a speed of 5 nautical miles per hour within 200 metres of the shoreline and must not exceed 10 nautical miles per hour within 400 metres of the shoreline. During the period October to April inclusive there are no designated bathing areas. Vessels powered by sail or motor may use all of the beaches provided that the motorised craft keep within the speed limit.

A copy of the bylaws map and explanation is available as a download from here Beach Bylaws [PDF 889kb].

[privacy statement] [statements of ownership and liability] [freedom of

Is the marina wall a bathing area then?

Was he exceeding the speed limit?

Come on Wurzel. If you are going to use my style of sarcasm, you need to do deeper, more factual research. Have a look at the map of the exlusion zones here:-

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/downloads/...each_Bylaws.pdf

This boat was slap in the zone marked Z on the 5th of May last year. Not only is this a popular area for anglers, but also for surfers when the wind/tide combination is correct. At low tide the water is pretty shallow. What would be the outcome of a surfer being tumbled into a pot line? Should they not be allowed to use the sea either in case they affect the income of the potters? Do we need to compare the turnover of Brighton surf shops to the value of lobsters landed in Brighton? Believe it or not, these rules dont get created because the burocrats are bored. Ususally they are as the result of an incident.And as to your other post, no, I certainly am not a saint. But I do respect rules and regulations, as they are there for a reason. And when I dont agree, I do as much as I can by the correct channels. I was as disgusted as you must have been reading about the barbed wire snare, and could not possibly condone actions like this. My barbed wire snare is the support for the NTZ's, and protest by peaceful means.

Edited by fishyrob