ANGLERS HAVE NOW MADE THEIR OWN BEDS

OSPREY.... we have a policy on this site - NO PETTY NAMECALLING, NO BACKBITING, AND NO CHILDISH BICKERING.

This thread is within a gnat's fart of being deleted, so leave the personal comments out of it (and that goes for everyone).

John S

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Wurzel. If you are going to use my style of sarcasm, you need to do deeper, more factual research. Have a look at the map of the exlusion zones here:-

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/downloads/...each_Bylaws.pdf

This boat was slap in the zone marked Z on the 5th of May last year. Not only is this a popular area for anglers, but also for surfers when the wind/tide combination is correct. At low tide the water is pretty shallow. What would be the outcome of a surfer being tumbled into a pot line? Should they not be allowed to use the sea either in case they affect the income of the potters? Do we need to compare the turnover of Brighton surf shops to the value of lobsters landed in Brighton? Believe it or not, these rules dont get created because the burocrats are bored. Ususally they are as the result of an incident.And as to your other post, no, I certainly am not a saint. But I do respect rules and regulations, as they are there for a reason. And when I dont agree, I do as much as I can by the correct channels. I was as disgusted as you must have been reading about the barbed wire snare, and could not possibly condone actions like this. My barbed wire snare is the support for the NTZ's, and protest by peaceful means.

Hello Fishyrob

Seems more like commercial phobia to me, your photo only shows one very small fishing boat, no anglers, no surfers.

as you said he uses a graple to hook up the pots, the ropes are normaly leaded so I can't see how it would be possible for a surfer to tumble into a pot line, more likely to get cut up on the rocks, same goes for anglers tackle.

Do the commercial fishermen use your cafe then?

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Fishyrob

Seems more like commercial phobia to me, your photo only shows one very small fishing boat, no anglers, no surfers.

as you said he uses a graple to hook up the pots, the ropes are normaly leaded so I can't see how it would be possible for a surfer to tumble into a pot line, more likely to get cut up on the rocks, same goes for anglers tackle.

I would imagine that commercial fishermen would be welcome anywhere as long as thier attitude to other people doesn't stink

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hello Fishyrob

It is just a very small fishing boat, but the pot line did take anglers leads (the picture is taken at about 05:00, the pot line was down there at least all that day, and I suspect until the next morning) as where he is laying the pots is THE bass spot when the sea is calm and clear, and the marina is heavily fished in the summer in good weather. It is rough ground, and the surfers that surf there are pure headcases in my opininon, and I am sure they regularly do damage themselves on the rocks, as their favourite surf is around the low water mark. It would be interesting to hear from a surfer if he considers pots to be a problem or not, but

I am pretty sure this exclusion zone is there to prevent clashes between water users, especially as it is effected only for the summer.

Anglers that dont realise they are fishing rough ground do lose tackle there, but those in the know adjust their tackle accordingly (we RSA's are just as clever as you comercials. We invented rough ground techniques jus like you guys invented rock hopping nets!!). As for the commercials using my cafe, unfortunately not. My customers are basically those that cant be bothered to walk to Asda's. The commercials all walk to Asda's. Why Asda's? Well, for what I have to sell a burger and chips for you can buy a whole cooked chicken in there. Now you can see why I dont want the anglers abandoning the marina? If I struggle again this year, I will have to consider change of use. And the thing I keep coming back to? Live lobster and crab. Mine will all be sporting the "Angler Friendly" brand though.........

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ IF YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FISH STOCKS

I would imagine that commercial fishermen would be welcome anywhere as long as thier attitude to other people doesn't stink

Hi richi,

Most commercial fishermen are ordinary people just trying to make a living the best way they can in an incorrectly and excessively over-controlled environment; much the same as most self-employed people in the UK. Given this problem, I find most of them have a remarkably good attitude towards anglers. However, I cannot say the same for many of this forum’s anglers’ attitude towards commercial fishermen. I may be leaving myself open for criticism by saying this, but it is a proven fact, as evidenced by many posts on many threads.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Hi richi,

Most commercial fishermen are ordinary people just trying to make a living the best way they can in an incorrectly and excessively over-controlled environment; much the same as most self-employed people in the UK. Given this problem, I find most of them have a remarkably good attitude towards anglers. However, I cannot say the same for many of this forum’s anglers’ attitude towards commercial fishermen. I may be leaving myself open for criticism by saying this, but it is a proven fact, as evidenced by many posts on many threads.

JB

i totaly agree with you there because a few years ago in the summer occasionaly i would walk along the beach with my girl friend boorin her talkin to the anglers as we passed them and trying to help them out wit better spots to give them more of a chance of catchin better fish. i would help out the odd angler that had a boat with some of my own fishing spots and show them where to fish to be of some help but then i come across this site and realised what anglers thought of us and the things they say, funny thing is im still helpin out anglers with places to fish now and look what you all give back there shouldnt be a conservation/politics forum on this site it should just be talk on fishing new rigs and gear etc leave the proper politics for the fisherman to worry about and talk about because thats who its affecting not anglers.

Hi richi,

JB

Hi John I totally agree with you regarding incorrectly and over controlled environment. I think its cr.p the amount of money both the eu and defra are spending controlling our waters and they cannot get it right. It's down to them. I do like to see fairplay, but the bad attitude is on both sides i think,not just anglers. cheers. :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

there shouldnt be a conservation/politics forum on this site it should just be talk on fishing new rigs and gear etc leave the proper politics for the fisherman to worry about and talk about because thats who its affecting not anglers.

Why is that Osprey? On a forum called ANGLERS NET (clue is in the title...) why should we not discuss the politics of fisheries management, and conservation issues? Do anglers not have a right to an opinion?

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ IF YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FISH STOCKS

Guest challenge
Why is that Osprey? On a forum called ANGLERS NET (clue is in the title...) why should we not discuss the politics of fisheries management, and conservation issues? Do anglers not have a right to an opinion?

They certainly do, unfortunately there opinions don’t often match the opinions of there so called representatives who then try and push there own interests upon the powers that be under the disguise of representing millions of peoples opinions. :thumbs:

I have not made comment on here recently, done a bit of reading but it is mostly ploughing up the same old field :D

However having read this thread I thought a bit of input was required so I could rest easy at night :rolleyes::D

Laws are laws, I hate a good few of them but if I break them and get caught I must be prepared to stand by my actions and pay the penalty.

Have we the right to report someone breaking the law, the answer is very simple YES.

Have we the right to debate conservation and politics on here the answer again is very simple YES.

One of my pet hates is people who criticise others for making the effort instead of getting off their backsides and putting their points of view to good use in the right places. Barrack room lawyers is the term I believe, all shout and very little action.

To be honest I am surprised anyone would want to defend someone who is clearly breaking the law however petty that law may seem.

I think the problem between RSAs and commercials was clearly summed up in this quote.

i totaly agree with you there because a few years ago in the summer occasionaly i would walk along the beach with my girl friend boorin her talkin to the anglers as we passed them and trying to help them out wit better spots to give them more of a chance of catchin better fish. i would help out the odd angler that had a boat with some of my own fishing spots and show them where to fish to be of some help but then i come across this site and realised what anglers thought of us and the things they say, funny thing is im still helpin out anglers with places to fish now and look what you all give back there shouldnt be a conservation/politics forum on this site it should just be talk on fishing new rigs and gear etc leave the proper politics for the fisherman to worry about and talk about because thats who its affecting not anglers.

A bit like my old man used to say "Do as I say not as I do" or "If you want to know whats best for you son I will tell you"

In retrospect I found his philosophy some what lacking as it contained far to many mistakes that he had made and wanted to pass onto me. :rolleyes::D This often arises when people have held the reins for far to long and have trodden a some what blinkered route.

Hi Wurzle :D How life treating you? Hope you enjoyed your Yule Tide holiday and have a good New Year. :D

Tell you what I feel much better already :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist