Bantams!

lyn

When we went to watch the Severn Bore we left the van at the campsite & cycled to the river. On the way, there were some eggs for sale outside a house so we bought some on the way back. There was a mixture of chicken & bantam eggs.

Liam asked if he could try & hatch some so I let him put 2 of the bantam’s eggs in the airing cupboard. Last night as he was getting ready for bed he started screaming and I thought he said he was dying :o I went rushing up stairs to find out what all the panic was about and it was because one of his eggs had hatched!!! I couldn’t believe it :lol: I took charge of said chick and told him to check the other egg, lo & behold little cheeping noises coming from that one. It was trying to get out but the shell was quite hard so I helped it out. It didn’t look too good :huh:

Anyway, this morning we have 2 very healthy looking chicks doing well in the warmth & comfort of the airing cupboard :D:yeah: (much to my amazement but relief as Liam was upset enough last night thinking they may not make it)

Just hoping now that they turn out to be hens :headhurt:

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

god help your neighbours if their not :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yup, they may be small but Bantam cocks sure can make one helluva din. They are also randy little sods, they'll mount anything, ducks, geese, dogs, cats, kids (both two and four legged ;)). The bantie's motto is "if it moves mount it, if it doesn't move give it peck, just to make sure".

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I have 29 cockerels, it's not too bad in the morning! :huh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I have 29 cockerels, it's not too bad in the morning! :huh:
How many are fine upstanding bantam cocks?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I found the silkies and pekins were always to busy preening themselves to crow, silver and bronze sebrights did spend a lot of time getting their leg over and were to exhausted to crow, however the jungle cocks loved to get high up in a tree and give it full belt usually to be joined by the guinea fowl or come backs as we called them.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

HV

You have 29 cocks? what breeding plan are you on mate?

Maybe he's been buying all those pumps, pills and potions the spammers try to flog us all ;)

... guinea fowl or come backs ...
Grouse make a call that sounds like 'go back, go back, go back'. Once when a teenager, whilst trudging up to some wee puddle in the hills to fish for brownies a grouse flew out from just under my feet making the usual repeated 'go back' call. I nearly sh@t my self. :D Edited by corydoras

Liam read on the net that that hens & cocks are born different colours and ours are both black with white breasts. I thinks they are going to have fluffy legs, won't have a clue which breed they are until they are full grown I suppose. Got them some proper food today, that was not an easy task :headhurt:

Both are still doing well, going to get them out of the airing cupboard and into a bigger box under a lamp tomorrow.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!