What A plonker What Next A Desperate Man.

big_cod

Chesters I sometimes worry about you I went to comprehensive school the classss I were in were kids who Beleive me have done very well indeed since leaving school no holds up classes no dunces not many thickies as you call them just because you failed the 11 plus didn't mean you were a thick **** .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I don't care for celebrity. I just vote blue knowing i will be left alone to get on working day after day, paying my fair share of tax

and have the liberty to do and go as i please.

Cameron, damned if he does damned if he don't, never mind eh ?

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Chesters I sometimes worry about you I went to comprehensive school the classss I were in were kids who Beleive me have done very well indeed since leaving school no holds up classes no dunces not many thickies as you call them just because you failed the 11 plus didn't mean you were a thick **** .

Luckily i only went to a comprehensive for a year mine was an old fashioned school without the level playing field "modern" thinking crap and the only person i ever held back was myself

The trouble makers were put down to the place they should be (once the cane didnt work)not stopping everyone else doing their work and bettering themselves

I presume modern school years are sub divided by ability ,grammar schools are just those with the ability to go a level or two higher

Now what was that about branson ? Or are the blinkers being worn again

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I havn't been here for a while, logged in to catch up and foynd myself wholeheartedly agreeing with Chesters regarding education. I was written off by the schools system after failing the 11+, condemmed to an uninspiring and second class education at a secondary modern school. I hated it with a passion (so much for school days being the happiest of one's life). In my 40s I did a part time college course to get my A Levels, which I did, 4 A's, from that managed to go to (a proper 'red brick') university full time for 3 years, graduated with a first class honours degree and had my final dissertation published in a journal. So much for the system of a level playing field back in my school days. Some of us were held back, we came from the 'wrong' social class, no middle class kids were sent from primary to the grammar school, and only a token few of us working class ones went there. (My Father was a brick layer and professional boxer).

The inverted snobbery, which we see everywhere, even in here sometimes, is understated. In the army we had ex public and grammar school officers, who would often be disregarded by the non commisioned soldiers as clueless 'hooray Henry's, well some were, but certainly not all, I wouldn't discriminate against someone simply because they were lucky enough to have had a good education.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Both grammar schools and adult education have historically been drivers of social mobility. They're both a matter of presenting the right learning opportunities to people when they are in the right place personally to benefit from it. The perception that children are being divided into sheep and goats is a reflection of the snobbery about how someone makes a living - if we saw it as having different kinds of schools for children with different educational needs it wouldn't be controversial.

It's ironic that much of the generation of politicians which pulled up the ladder on grammar schools was itself educated that way.