Advice required please

Snatcher

do you now need a license for charter boats?

+

i was mullet fishing in almaria and the guarda came down to watch, luckily they never mentioned a license or moved me. (might have been that way cause they saw me return a couple of fish)

do you now need a license for charter boats?

+

i was mullet fishing in almaria and the guarda came down to watch, luckily they never mentioned a license or moved me. (might have been that way cause they saw me return a couple of fish)

Glad this subject has been raised as I have fished Nerja from the shore for a few years now in july/aug unaware a license was needed .Looks like Ive had a lucky escape. I know the local cops are very unrelenting especially to"English Pigs" as I and about 10 other cars got done driving down a oneway dirt track in the middle of nowhere once , they were waiting at the end E100 each.

I fished on the outer part of the marina in Benalmadena last Easter. After speaking to a few folk fishing there abouts, I never bothered with a license.

The marina is absolutley crammed with Mullet and will devour a loaf in seconds.

The best place I found was the outside wall right along side the Harbourmasters and Customs office, seen quite a few local Police about there too, never said a word or bothered me.

I started fishing with a clear plastic bubble float the size of a peardrop, 4Lbs flouro, with a dropper and point below that, size 12 Kamasam sedges. Although this was successful with bread as bait, when I started free lining, fishing deeper, with bread on the dropper and one piece of sweetcorn on the point I consistently got into some really good fish, up to 5Lbs. A landing net is required.

I wouldn't advise fishing in the marina itself far to many people about, and it wouldn't be any sport as the place is crammed with fish.

If your oppo wants to take a chance John there's great sport to be had

I fished on the outer part of the marina in Benalmadena last Easter. After speaking to a few folk fishing there abouts, I never bothered with a license.

The marina is absolutley crammed with Mullet and will devour a loaf in seconds.

The best place I found was the outside wall right along side the Harbourmasters and Customs office, seen quite a few local Police about there too, never said a word or bothered me.

I started fishing with a clear plastic bubble float the size of a peardrop, 4Lbs flouro, with a dropper and point below that, size 12 Kamasam sedges. Although this was successful with bread as bait, when I started free lining, fishing deeper, with bread on the dropper and one piece of sweetcorn on the point I consistently got into some really good fish, up to 5Lbs. A landing net is required.

I wouldn't advise fishing in the marina itself far to many people about, and it wouldn't be any sport as the place is crammed with fish.

If your oppo wants to take a chance John there's great sport to be had

weve had this conversation before!

i wouldnt advise fishing inside the marina either....not because its crammed with fish and it wouldnt be any sport, but because its illegal.

the local police wouldnt say anything to you, as fishery enforcement has nothing to do with the police, but rather the guardia civil.

i prefer to get a licence myself than go poaching without one.

cheers dave

weve had this conversation before!

i wouldnt advise fishing inside the marina either....not because its crammed with fish and it wouldnt be any sport, but because its illegal.

the local police wouldnt say anything to you, as fishery enforcement has nothing to do with the police, but rather the guardia civil.

i prefer to get a licence myself than go poaching without one.

cheers dave

Absolutely right

Funny isn't it, so many folk are up in arms about visitors to this country fishing without a license but see it as OK in another country :wallbash:

BTW, don't screw with the Guardia Civil, they have zero sense of humour in my experience :schmoll:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Thanks for all the replies team :thumbs: I think my neighbour may take a pass on this one. On the other hand if I go out about April to visit kin in the Alicante area I do know the score now :thumbs:

Captain C I may take up your kind offer and try and get a permit in advance. Will be in touch :thumbs:

Thanks again to everyone who took time to answer this thread :clap2::clap2: Take a bow :clap2:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy