An Alliance Between Anglers And Commercials?

stavey

Guest binatone
I dont think you will silence him if that is your plan.

@autumn@ the last thing I would want to do is try and silence big cod.

He is such good entertainment. His views are priceless; his unselfish attitude at forever shooting himself in the foot is only to be admired.

Where would our industry be today without well researched well thought-out criteria’s that only the likes of big cod could come up with.

Silence him? Never. May he always be a spokesman for whom or wherever his interests lie?

Little bit of swell @autumn@ I hope your out there? Apparently that we lad who never moans or worry’s where his next fish is going to come from, had a good fish today.

Tight lines.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have brought this thread out only to put it to bed.

It seems by the reactions of late on other threads that the divide between anglers opinions and commercial fishermens is very wide and getting wider, so now i am beggining to think that things have gone to far now for there to be any sort of alliance between the two.

Anyway i have given it a shot and come nowhere near any sort of a target, dont worry wurzel or binatone or the other ex commercials, i shal not bother you and take up your valuable time anymore on this subject, and i hope you wont mine, because as we all know it would be a pointless exercise, arrivederci! ......................

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I have brought this thread out only to put it to bed.

It seems by the reactions of late on other threads that the divide between anglers opinions and commercial fishermens is very wide and getting wider, so now i am beggining to think that things have gone to far now for there to be any sort of alliance between the two.

Anyway i have given it a shot and come nowhere near any sort of a target, dont worry wurzel or binatone or the other ex commercials, i shal not bother you and take up your valuable time anymore on this subject, and i hope you wont mine, because as we all know it would be a pointless exercise, arrivederci! ......................

I agree stavey.

It's a waste of time.

Thats a shame, just when I thought we were begining to understand each other.

I supose your idea of an alliance means we have to agree and go along with every thing you say.

You would not make the grade as a commercial fisherman, you give in to easily.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Have to agree with Wurzle, different games different ideas, that is why we do need to try and understand each other even if we do not always agree.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Have to agree with Wurzle,

What do you agree with ken, that i would not make the grade as a commercial fisherman? if so your absolutely right mate, from what i have heard on here about all the problems involved with commercial fishing and how single minded you have to be to cope with any others peoples views, i would have to be slightly unhinged to even think about it. :blink:

What do you agree with ken, that i would not make the grade as a commercial fisherman?
Wouldn't like to comment on that <_< I am certainly not qualified to judge on that matter.

That's the comment I was referring to ;)

Without debate it's guns at noon, which is a shame, fighting over a few fish <_<

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Without debate it's guns at noon, which is a shame, fighting over a few fish

I agree, but you are long enough in the tooth ken to see thats how it will all end up most likely? because at the end of the day they wont give you or i or any sea angler one single concession if they can help it, when and if it is forced upon them by the government that they can no longer fish where they want inshore? we may see a few sparks fly no doubt....

I supose your idea of an alliance means we have to agree and go along with every thing you say.

You would not make the grade as a commercial fisherman, you give in to easily.

The needs of commercial fishermen and anglers don't vary very much.

But their attitudes towards achieving it are miles apart.

Commercial fishermen first need to acknwledge that there is a problem.

Until they do they will never take the first step towards changing anything.

Its global warming.

Its seals

Its anglers.

Its anything but overfishing.

When commercial fishermen start talking properly about how we can work together it might have some merit but you can only listen to so much nonsense before losing interest in what they have to say.

They are not interested in anything we say so they will know where I'm coming from on that point.

"The needs of commercial fishermen and anglers don't vary very much."

Only the amounts.

"But their attitudes towards achieving it are miles apart."

Agreed

Commercial fishermen first need to acknwledge that there is a problem.

This is the main sticking point

I think anglers need to acknowledge that the problem is greatly exaggerated.

Until they do they will never take the first step towards changing anything

Until anglers do accept that the problems are nothing like or as bad as what they percieve nothing will change.

Its anything but overfishing.

When commercial fishermen start talking properly about how we can work together it might have some merit but you can only listen to so much nonsense before losing interest in what they have to say.

So if I agreed to catch half of what I need to stay in business, burn all my gill nets, stop trawling because it damages coral, if I can find a suitable method that you are happy with and I agree to do it out side of 1 mile, you might listen to what I have to say.

You could concider me for a nobel peace prize at the same time.

I fish to live and live to fish.