An Alliance Between Anglers And Commercials?

stavey

Guest @AUTUMN@

Seems that nerve is rather a raw one. Shame that you are able to have a laugh at others expense but get rather upset when the tables are turned. I thought you were bigger than that.

Fancy Ruining everyones Christmas like that. I know father christmas exists. Ive seen him in the cleveland centre only last year.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest binatone
Well when you talk about Santa like that you get what you deserve.

Big cod @autumn@ please show me where in any of your resent threads you where having a joke with me?

Guest binatone
Sorry Button's did ya miss it.

Sorry have I missed something?

Did you get any fishing done last night? There was a bit of swell in the water with us so I should think that you should have felt it?

You should get a bit of swell again wed Thursday if we get the wind?

Do you prefer fishing high water or low, or aren’t you bothered?

Where off in again to land in morning then home for a day or two so hopefully will get a bit of angling in myself.

I hope big cod has thrown all his syringes overboard. I promise you we have not used a blinder. Very interesting what john and Michele where saying about sustainability of wrecks regards cod fishing. I would be interested to know your views and big cods as well. As sustainability is as important when angling as it is within the commercial side. I never thought that fish on wrecks would be cleaned up so quickly.

Angling must be more efficient when wreck fishing than I thought.

Guest @AUTUMN@
Sorry have I missed something?

Did you get any fishing done last night? There was a bit of swell in the water with us so I should think that you should have felt it?

You should get a bit of swell again wed Thursday if we get the wind?

Do you prefer fishing high water or low, or aren’t you bothered?

Where off in again to land in morning then home for a day or two so hopefully will get a bit of angling in myself.

I hope big cod has thrown all his syringes overboard. I promise you we have not used a blinder. Very interesting what john and Michele where saying about sustainability of wrecks regards cod fishing. I would be interested to know your views and big cods as well. As sustainability is as important when angling as it is within the commercial side. I never thought that fish on wrecks would be cleaned up so quickly.

Angling must be more efficient when wreck fishing than I thought.

Hi,

Fishing wasnt as good as expected But perhaps other factors were at play. Increasing pressure meant the tide went out further than I would have liked (I would have chosen another venue had I known), and a big bright moon in the sky is never helpful. The lack of northerlies up untill yesterday may also have been a factor as I guess no fish had moved inshore through september and october. The fish I caught were all red residents which isnt a good sign for november as usually the fish are all fresh runners. Im going again tonight and hoppefully will fare better. The swell is still running and should increase again tomorrow.

With regard to inshore wrecks I'm no expert. Common sense would suggest the longer something is left the more chance it has to restock. This even seems to be the case with uptiding the ground even closer to shore. But I'm sure you would agree, an abundance of cod on the wrecks would see the return of the gill netters like in the 80's so I guess they would just get emptied out again damn fast anyways. Im sure what John says about the inshore wrecks is quite true to an extent and yes some may well be overfished. The wrecks at the tree's over met ground spring to mind as wrecks that are fished everyday through summer with every Tom dick and florence knowing how to find them. But I know big cod and he is one of the very best skippers you will come across in the whole country nevermind in the port . You just have to here how highly his regulers speak of him to know he is a top guy and although I can kick his ass on the shore I know there aint many would get near him as a boat angler. I know for definate that He has on his gps one hell of a lot of wrecks both close to shore and at distance which are certainly not overfished and when conditions allow often see him making some fantastic catches as illustrated in his fishing gallery Here: so I guess to claim all insore wrecks to be overfished wouldn't be quite true Infact a long way from it but I can understand how someone fishing further afield like John would hold that perception.

My displeasure at the practices of some commercial fishermen is clear and evident I must admit. But there isnt one of them (sorry just 1) who I would claim to hate. I would happily sit in the pub with any one of them or go wet a line any night of the week, Infact in the past I have, and my invitation is still open to biantone (come sit on chees rock anytime m8) to come fishing anytime he is home.

As always THough Chris your ability to misspercieve a situation is very clear. You appear to be wanting to muddy the waters somewhat with new accusations too. I am not at all happy about that. If you can prove what you have just said I'll hold up my hands and say fair cop. Yes I have been very fond of the 80% quote, I guess your not. But as its there and exists I will use it.

1. Please drop the constant innuendo that its in any way a widespread or normal practice?

It was not me who brought up Blinders and I have never once implied it is widespread practice. All I have said is I have been told from a reliable source that it has happened and I have quoted some examples of how it is applied. You know where the search tool is and the posts are pretty recent. Please show me where I have said any different???

2. If i remember right the thread was about blackfish landings of cod into whitby. The numbers Big cod was suggesting seemed crazy to me.

Your initial comment was that big cod claimed Whitby boats were landing more than the entire Scottish fleet. You know where the search tool is. Where is the evidence???

Just out of interest. What is your involvment with commercial fishing ???

It may not have been you that brought up the subject of blinders but its my impression you keep that on the boil even though IMHO its nonsense.

I spent half an hour trying to find the quote and gave up. Google/AN filters struggle when its the same people saying the same thing over and over for years ;) I therefore withdraw that remark and leave it up to any AN regulars to remember if that was or was not said.

Just out of interest. What is your involvment with commercial fishing ???

So maybe I get several plain brown envelopes a week through the door for my "services" to commercial fishing?

Perhaps also another batch from the salmon farmers?

Or it can you possibly believe that im just someone that has had a lot of dealings with fishfarming/commercial fishing in the past, and thinks your totally wrong ;)

In truth , i work for less money than i have ever earned b4, doing a job I really enjoy, that involves fish but has nothing to do with commercial fishing or farming.

I don't like lies and spin whoever is doing it.

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Guest @AUTUMN@

No niether do I and what you said was just that and you havent attempted to prove otherwise - or should I say you are unable to prove otherwise.

Yes I have spoke about blinders as you are well aware. To say I have implied thier use is "widspread or normal practice" now or in the past is unfounded and rediculous.

If you want to get your teeth into spin take a look at this claim that ICES are saying there is a year class 1000 times bigger than any other in the past 10 years.

For you @Autumn@

Cod Crusaders demand a pull out

09/11/2005 17:38

Fisheries minister Ross Finnie has rebuffed further calls for Scotland to withdraw from the Common Fisheries Policy.

MSPs today responded to a petition presented by Fraserburgh's Cod Crusaders, who are demanding a pull-out.

But Mr Finnie says the industry's problems were not caused by European policy.

Going up in smoke today, Fraserburgh boat the Zenith. It caught fire yesterday and twenty firefighters spent the night battling the blaze.

For skipper Graham Reid it's a disaster, the boat provideds a living for not only himself but his two sons.

The cod crusaders who've compiled a petition calling for withdrawal from the common fisheries policy would say the smouldering wreck at Fraserburgh harbour today is symbolic of the state of our fleet.

The cod crusaders argue that the save whats left of this vital industry we must withdraw from the cfp. And it seems two hundred and fifty thousand people agree with them.)

The Scottish Parliament's petitions committee today considered a written response from fisheries minister ross finnie saying its in scotland's interests to work within the cfp. The minister claims the industrys problems are not caused by european policy. The committe is now to seek the cod crusaders views on the minister's stance. For the Fraserburgh campaigners it's good news, allowing their fight to continue.

from http://northtonight.grampiantv.co.uk/conte...=7796&newsType=