boat fishing

bluerinse

I would like to go boat fishing somewhere in the midlands.

I don't mind what for (not fly fishing as I do this anyway)

Pike, Zander, Barbel, bream, carp you name it I want to try it.

What I am interested in are places you can hire the boats. I would prefer River but lake or reservoir would be interesting to.

I used to do a lot of course fishing from boats when I lived in Latvia and Sweden. I found it to be a great day out, I Loved being able to move with out having to drag the tackle every were and resenting up.

I love being able to get to swims that are not accessible from the bank.

If anyone has any info it would be greatly recived

Thanks Richard

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Piking at Patshull Park maybe? I will get my brother to look at this as he could give you the details.

:thumbs: Pathull Park is the home to trout and coarse fishing. There are some pike at Patshull Big Lake as I have spent 3/4 years going for them. Boat and electric engines can be hire from the lodge cabin

http://www.patshull-park.co.uk/fishing.html

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Posted five or six weeks ago, subject, Patshull piking:

72 acres, believe me theres a lot more than two decent swims. If you`re bank fishing then the last swim on the dam side can be good but anywhere in the Lodge Bay can and does produce. A couple of years ago the first spot down by the bridge was by far and away the best spot but only for one winter.

The Point swim can fish as its a brilliant area when the fish are on the move, a bait on the first shelf and one at the bottom is the way to go.

Just round from that theres the sunken trees, guaranteed to be holding fish.

If you`re on a boat then drifting the Lodge Bay on the right wind can be great as can fishing the dam bank trees. A large shoal of roach settles in the middle of the bay in the winter, get a Smartcast on the go, find them then suspend deaddies around the shoal.

Then.....you`ve got the reedbed and the Plants Neck (good pick up point at the bottom of the shelf in front of the swim). Actually the shelf that runs from the Plants Neck across to the Oaks is well worth spending some time on, the pike use it as a roadway up to the shallows.

In front of the hotel in the small bay is virtually guaranteed to give you a jack at least. Anchor up just as the bank curves into the golfers bay and drift a livey around, this can produce.

Right at the back end (just so long as no carpers are up there) go past the island and fish the shallows. The fish get there ready for spawning and the males arrive first so the longer you leave it the more chance of a big female arriving in the area.

Ok, Patshull hasn`t seen a better year than 1989 but big fish do come off every winter. Its slow, its hard work but its one hell of a buzz when the float goes off.

Put the work in and the results follow.

wolf.gif

gailey res just off junction 12 of the M6 has some great piking available and you can hire their boats as well.

Last time i went it was £8 for the day, you can even buy small trout for live/dead baiting with and they were 50p each.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Thanks everyone

Thats a couple of great days out (parkhurst and Gailey) lined up with hopefully repeat visits later in the year. I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers Richard

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"