Boat fishing at night

Matt_B

Thanks for all the advice. Safety is always my main concern even in best weather conitions and times I always have extras on board, I certainly wouldn't go on my own!!! I said Small Boat - she's 26ft - so not that small. I was planning on going out in day light, stick the pin down and back in in day light. And preferably when I have guaranteed good weather (if there is such a thing). I was thinking of the area about 3 to 5 miles outside Brighton which is generally well within any major shipping areas.

Am I likely to avoid the doggies at night?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't try to avoid catching doggies.......

when you get out to your mark........ get a large piece of plastic drainpipe and push it into the water to amplify your soundwaves.

Place lips over the other end of pipe and shout...

I HOPE I CAN CATCH SOME DOGFISH TODAY......

That way the Cod will hear you and take your bait just to annoy you.....

Well thats my plan anyways...........

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

LOL @ Huge & the drainpipe. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Forgot to add, when driving at night turn off all lights in the cabin and turn the backlights down to a minimum on your electronics to preserve your night vision. Perhaps invest in a red cabin light?

As to avoiding bobbers at night, you won't, so just avoid the areas that they get put in. Besides, a bobber is relatively benign, bits of trees and net or rope are much worse, and they can be anywhere. I ran over a cardboard box which wrapped round the sterndrive today in broad daylight, I didn't see it floating a foot under the surface. I also picked up a 7ft length of 4"x4" which was floating around :rolleyes:

[ 12. November 2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Toerag ]

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

AND............

Toerag,

I think I win the prop fouling contest....

Posted Image

if I can get this to work that is

[ 13. November 2004, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Huge_Vitae ]

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Gonna go kick the Dog now......

I was following his instructions, I am not a thicko

Just one point to add.

A radar reflector is unlikely to show up on a big boats radar. Unless it`s at least 3 metres above sea level? A couple of lashed broomsticks spring to mind.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!