Free Poker Game

Elton

I don't really play games and I hardly ever watch TV. However, being a bit of an insomniac, I've been getting into poker on Channel 5 (and on Channel 4, occasionally).

I have no intention of gambling for real money, but wouldn't mind having a go at Texas Hold'em for fun.

Does anyone know of any good downloads?

Also, the terminology; the fifth card turned over is referred to as the 'river'. Anyone know why?

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi all

try

http://www.jackpotjoy.com

or something like that,its got LOADS of free games + paypal paying games etc and well worth a look:)

steve

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

I don't really play games and I hardly ever watch TV. However, being a bit of an insomniac, I've been getting into poker on Channel 5 (and on Channel 4, occasionally).

I have no intention of gambling for real money, but wouldn't mind having a go at Texas Hold'em for fun.

Also, the terminology; the fifth card turned over is referred to as the 'river'. Anyone know why?

Cheers,

Elton

The river is the final card dealt in a poker hand, to be followed by a final round of betting and, if necessary, a showdown. In Texas Hold'em and Omaha Hold'em, the river, also called fifth street, is the fifth and last card to be dealt to the board, after the flop and turn. In Seven-card stud the river is the final downcard dealt to each player, although in certain circumstances the river is dealt as a face-up community card.

The river can change the fortune of a game by delivering one player a card which they need to beat another player's already completed hand. A player losing the pot due only to the river card is said to have been 'rivered' or 'drowned at the river'. Chancing the game on the river card is called 'living by the river', because of the dangers involved.

There you Elton, Good luck in your quest.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Cheers,

Elton

Most of the big online poker sites also run "play money" games.

Try www.partypoker.net or www.pokerstars.net

playing for real money is a lot more fun though :)

Mat

Mat

Can't find any games that I can download and play on the PC on those sites :(

medwaygreen - cheers for that, but where does the term 'river' actually come from?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

but where does the term 'river' actually come from?

I don't think anyone is quite sure where the term originated or exactly what the meaning was. It seems to have started while the Mississippi River Boats were popular gambling dens so that probably figures in somewhere but beyond that, all I've ever read are WAGs..

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just before Christmas we purchased a poker set complete with chips and since then we have had several good evenings, father inlaw and son, myself and son, Danny who works part time for us, and some times the women want to butt in :rolleyes::D:D

We also play Black Jack, much better than 99.9% of the rubbish on telly.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

try here http://www.partypoker.net/download/

I play on the real money version of this regularly.

Mat

Hi Mat,

All you need to do is download the PartyPoker.net software and you'll be playing online poker in minutes.

I'm really looking for something to play offline, if possible.

I tried the other link given - http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/08/holdem75.html - but when I clicked to install Shockwave, it kept disconnecting me and trying to reconnect, so I shut down fast, just in case.

Now trying this download:

http://www.brothersoft.com/games/cards/pok...load_52085.html