meeting with Robert Key Mp

Tom Pinborough

Hi ya

Today Myself, Bob Cox ,Leon Roskilly met with Robert Key mp in his Westminster offices. Robert Key is a life long sea angler and has shown a keen interest in RSA issues.

Robert Key is the Conservative member for Salisbury, and is currently the Shadow Minister for Overseas Development and sits on the Science and Technology select committee.

The meeting went well, we had a good general discussion for about an hour, we gave him various documents highlighting the economic value of RSA, the NFSA conservation plan, and examples of other fisheries from around the world, ie America and Ireland.

We also covered points relating to, the value of a rod caught fish, lack of fish stocks, tourism, the difficulty of uk rsa representation in current cfp meetings , the imbalance of representation of the commercial sector and a brief history of RSA campaigning in the uk.

He was keen to listen and as we overwhelmed Robert with new facts, he was taking notes and formulating action plans on the hoof. He certainly gave the impression that he was interested in taking this forward.

We left him with a stack of paperwork, and time to mull over everything so that he can find the best way of taking this forward.

Web will keep you informed

Cheers

Tom

Tom, Bob and Leon,

Can I just say a big ' Thank You ' on behalf of myself and any other sea angler who wishes to join with me for taking the time, effort, petrol and determination to make sea anglers views known to Robert Key. I hope he makes use of what you told him and doesnt just file it in the big round thing marked 'Bin'

Keep up the good work chaps and once again thank you. Your efforts are appreciated. :D

Hello Tom.

Good on you. But I gave my local MP and Elliot Morely a `To do` list, months ago. Nothing has been done yet.

Can I urge all anglers to vote for the main opposition party in all local or bi-elections!!

This government, with its large majority is taking us all for granted? A couple of smacks in the face might just make them wake up?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Er guys..... I remember when he was a Minister last time around, hmmm! so dont hold out your hopes, he's in opposition and will do anything to get some votes. Dont get me wrong its good to keep up the pressure but he cant do squat on the opposition benches, its the guys in power we've got to convince.

Keep up the good work

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com