what do people use?

s2vto

Hi Stu

Just been counting up how many holes i've drilled in my yak 25 :headhurt:

none of them let in water but there is always a possibility :huh:

On my new Kayak i'm going keep the cordless well away apart from the fixings for the anchor trollie

even there i've been thinking of using something similar to a lazy line

The rod holders are going to be rocket launcher types fixed to the coolbox/crate or whatever

If you don't want to drill holes i this is the best option

ATB

Tom

Kayaks:

Scupper Pro TW (yellow)

Prowler 13 angler (green)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a short arse as well I have a similar problem, problem being butts to long and reels and holders too far away, going to look at fitting the new small round scotty mounts to the gunwales, not measured up yet, but might be an option, as would a central flush mount forward of the cup holder, but that takes up value able deck space.

The other alternative is a RAM mount this could be adjusted on the water once your at anchor, getting the rod/reel nice and close.

I'm also thinking of cutting down the butt on one of my rods so that it's the same length as my forearm, my Greys Boat/Pike rod has a very short butt and is a near perfect length, but at 10ft is a little long :) Like you I'm going to do some fiddling with my setup before the summer season kicks in.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Stu

Just been counting up how many holes i've drilled in my yak 25 :headhurt:

none of them let in water but there is always a possibility :huh:

On my new Kayak i'm going keep the cordless well away apart from the fixings for the anchor trollie

even there i've been thinking of using something similar to a lazy line

The rod holders are going to be rocket launcher types fixed to the coolbox/crate or whatever

If you don't want to drill holes i this is the best option

ATB

Tom

You getting a new toy Tom??

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

[quote

What do other people do?

Hi Stu - I've installed a couple of Ram mounts infront of my flush mounts, which puts my rods exactly where I want them. Dunno if the flush mounts are reversable on the P13. I might have considered doing that if I'd thought about it, as I haven't done much trolling so far and I really like how quick you can draw and pull the trigger from them (yeeha! c'mon lil dawgies :D ) But now I've still got the option. I usually paddle to the mark with rods in the flush mounts and then transfer to the Rams when I'm anchored up. They've got universal ball mounts, so you've got about 180' laterally and over 90' up and down. I've still got a cheapo Fladen mount down by my right foot, but don't use it much now, as it's a bit of a reach and it always seemed to get in the way if it was pointing anything other than forwards.

RamHolders-1.jpg

Gotta say I've been toying with the idea of a tee bar like GB's, I've got rocket launcher rod holders fixed to my cool box, so my rods are neatly stowed behind me when not in use, it is also handy to clip a small light on at night.

You getting a new toy Tom??

Yep!! just haven't decided 100% what it will be :whistling::whistling:

but it MAY have the letters SPTW in it :D

Kayaks:

Scupper Pro TW (yellow)

Prowler 13 angler (green)

I use RAM mounts but with the arms and pistol holders rather than the tubes.

IMGP0018.jpg

I've changed it a bit since this pic. I moved the ball onto the top of the side to give my toes a bit more space and I've added 2 more bases further back, just beside the seat. It works really good for me. I tend to fish with the holder out to side so the I dont catch the rod butts, like this

kayaktrip068.jpg

Edited by spanner

dont particularly want to drill 4 big holes into my new yak :(

just want something easy to use and simple.

most stuff just gets in the way

perhaps a horizontal tube up front with rod rest ''V''s on where rods can be placed

not sure if a johnny bar can withstand too much pressure

If I've used the trolley to get me to the launch then I sometimes rest the rod on this.(as its upturned on the forward hatch)

It wouldn't take much to put a couple of clips on this to make it more solid affair,yet easily removed?

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Lots of good replies :thumbs:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse