Vitalin

terry t shirt

Ok i been fishing a good few years so dont think myself a complete numpty.

I notice a lot of people mentioning vitalin recently. I know its a dog food but what do you do with it? Grind it up and use like crumb? Can someone enlighten me plz?

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Ok i been fishing a good few years so dont think myself a complete numpty.

I notice a lot of people mentioning vitalin recently. I know its a dog food but what do you do with it? Grind it up and use like crumb? Can someone enlighten me plz?

No your not a complete numpty,perfectly good question...Vitalin is a mixer for dogfood made from flaked maize and flaked summat else..You could stick it in a blender if u wanted to and make a cheap alternative to groundbait,or you could leave it as it is,add water,flavouring,hemp etc.and use it on a method feeder or ball it up as lumpy groundbait..You will be better adding water/flavour to it the day before as it absorbs it slowly...With the right amount of liquid added it makes a very stiff mix and sticks to a method feeder like sh*t to a blanket...Bream love it as do carp....Whatever you do,don't buy a named brand of it from a bait shop,get it from a pet food supplier instead where the same stuff is alot cheaper,especially if you buy a bulk sack...Then,if you don't like it you can just buy a dog...Happy days..

Edited by wellyphant

Hi

I use vitalin in my bream mix with brown and white crumb. I tend to put it through liquidiser and make particles smaller depending on feeding conditions. Sometimes I just add it neat. Its a good particle additive, good binder and you can still use lots of flavours depending on what your target fish are.

John

Excellent stuff but how I use it depends on where and what I am fishing for. Generally mix it up with liquid Mollasses as it comes in the bag for Carp especially fishing with big feeders or ground up for Tench and Bream. Also good for boating out eg on many French waters. Good cheap alternative to propriety brands and can be added to as you want.

The general advice is to go for the 'Original' vitalin. I haven't looked to see what the other versions have in them.

Pete

More "big lumps" really Peter! I have always stuck with the Origonal as Im not sure wether the bigger lumps in the newer Vitalin Gold would be a good or bad thing.Mind you if your grinding/liquidising it first it shouldnt make any difference.

On the subject of Vitalin Ive being trying to locate a similar product in the US for Newt and James but despite research and actually looking in a large US feed store have had no luck.Any suggestions?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie,

You must have known that I would be reading this one!!!!!!!!!! I do appreciate the thought and Hope to find something over here that I can use. By the way, the CAGs CCC (Carp Anglers Group Carp Classic) will start tomorrow afternoon. This will be the first time that it will be held in Washington D.C. and we look forward to the competition. I Wish that the 2 of you could have come over for this one for shure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

More "big lumps" really Peter! I have always stuck with the Origonal as Im not sure wether the bigger lumps in the newer Vitalin Gold would be a good or bad thing.Mind you if your grinding/liquidising it first it shouldnt make any difference.

On the subject of Vitalin Ive being trying to locate a similar product in the US for Newt and James but despite research and actually looking in a large US feed store have had no luck.Any suggestions?

HOPPY

Both me and bruv would have loved to have been there for it mate! Dont worry we are definately comming back and will drag the old fellah up with us to! Just a bit difficult raising the air fare with the Wingham tickets to be brought!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!