Clock

ayjay

Guest Ferret1959
But if you have XP you do not need any third party software to keep your machines clock up to date. XP has a built in NTP (Network Time Protocol) client. To configure your NTP client, double-click on the clock in your task bar, click on the 'Internet Time' tab, and type 'europe.pool.ntp.org' (without the quotes, then click on 'Apply'. To test that this is working properly click on the 'Update Now' button. After a short delay you should see a message telling you that time has been successfully syncronized with europe.pool.ntp.org. Now click on OK, job done.

Didn't work for me, came up with an error. :schmoll:

But if you have XP you do not need any third party software to keep your machines clock up to date. XP has a built in NTP (Network Time Protocol) client. To configure your NTP client, double-click on the clock in your task bar, click on the 'Internet Time' tab, and type 'europe.pool.ntp.org' (without the quotes, then click on 'Apply'. To test that this is working properly click on the 'Update Now' button. After a short delay you should see a message telling you that time has been successfully syncronized with europe.pool.ntp.org. Now click on OK, job done.

It looks a lot better than the XP one and has a nice lady to remind you when it is time to go to bed :lol::lol:

I do like the features that go with it, simple and easy to use, full date and time on constant display, reminders very easy to setup and yet a small program compared with some of the others which want to give you all the things you don't need :rolleyes::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Didn't work for me, came up with an error. :schmoll:

NTP requires that port 123/UDP be open on your firewall or it won't work.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It looks a lot better than the XP one and has a nice lady to remind you when it is time to go to bed :lol::lol:

I do like the features that go with it, simple and easy to use, full date and time on constant display, reminders very easy to setup and yet a small program compared with some of the others which want to give you all the things you don't need :rolleyes::lol:

I only have a Pentium III with a measly 256MB RAM so I cannot afford such frivolities. If the software does what you want it to do then that's all that matters at the end of the day. :thumbs:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I only have a Pentium III with a measly 256MB RAM so I cannot afford such frivolities. If the software does what you want it to do then that's all that matters at the end of the day. :thumbs:

Hi,

Had you down for at least a Pentium 4 with a 1gb RAM :lol:

I find some of the MS stuff requirements for usage very off putting, take office 2003 you could use it to fly a space ship :lol: I use Word and Excel, got a bit out of touch with Access these days, Publisher is so complicated it is far easier to PrinShop, never found much use for Presentation only ever used it when working for ARAMCO :lol:

The problem is they all knit in well with MS XP, once you have started using them getting out of the habit is very difficult and the up grades are very expensive when you only use a small fraction of the program.

Also a lot of companies I deal with send stock list on Excel, and product promotions on Presentation and if you ain't got the latest version your stuffed. :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

You must have got something different to what I'm using Ken.

All I've got is this:-

post-1421-1171042502_thumb.jpg