stupid items

billy50000

I ahve to agree with what Newt has said about the quality of the bolt croppers and the locks that they will cut. Only soft metal will be cut by them, so only a cheap padlock, but some people can't afford a good quality lock so have to make do with the cheaper ones. I have got a good quality set of bolt croppers, that I have used in the past to cut through some reinforcing mesh. I tried them on an old Squire padlock that I had lying around and they cut it with ease, mind you they cost around the £100 mark so they should, but I don't think that the average "Chave" will go out and buy them, all the same you can't be too carefull.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

remember folks the padlock is only the visual deterrent ,make sure at least 1 screw on each part of the hinges is anti tamper and that the impressive lock and hasp have something substantial to screw in to and the hinge pins cannot be removed.

my sheds are screwed together so cannot be prised apart (a freinds shed roof was removed without noise and his stuff taken) the shed is screwed to the floor and an impressive extra internal door frame holds that hasp in place.THe window has bars on it and has double windows ,screws not nails for everything and anti tamper ones for external ones.

had it been a crime area i would have lined the shed with wood too ,better to spend a little up front than a lot after.

anything worth anything lives indoors .

theres some good padlocks out there with drill proof key holes armoured cases and you cannot get to the hasp ,expensive but if looked after will outlast you easily.its pointles having a huge padlock that can be drilled out in a minute by a git with a battery drill costing a few quid.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Seen the same cutters in Lidl's here in France and I have to be honest i would have more joy using nail clippers to cut a bolt!! They are just a bit NAFF!! But how much are yours?? Ours are €3.50.

Mind you? I KNOW I could and do leave my doors unlocked when I go out here and I NEVER lock the car doors. So perhaps that is why they are selling them? No-one has ANY use for them?? ^_^ ^_^

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

i was talking to a german couple a few years ago in lidl they were appalled as the prices were twice what they pay!

most food bar fresh is the same price as sainsbury and some by quantity more!

we went in to get sucky bags and only found a swede (food not nationality) and peanuts cheaper than sainsbury ,had sainsbury not run out of basics peanuts only the swede would be.

when it first opened it was cheaper and the signs cried out cheaper now the signs say "quality" and cheap but theres quality and quality.

strangely corned beef in tins is 78p minimum wherever you go and most far more ,is there a corned beef strike :o

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i never go to lidls but they have been in the news for stuff like this before, last time i remember was the sale of doctor like scalpals and all diffrent sizes and one being over the legal length for a knife. they came in a little box and where being sold to youngsters as young as 12 with no questions asked.

the only people who bought the knives/scalpals where youngsters and were then used for offending.

Hey I bought a set, great for model making etc, to be honest who didnt have a sheath knife or pen knife when they were younger, and its easy enough to get a stanley knife anywhere.

Pad lock? am I the only person who sleeps with his tackle? oh err missus?!! ;);)

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

i pointed out to trading standards when buying knives "age" was immaterial and depended on the sole concept that anyone who could master online purchases was "old" enough ,putting a bit in the description saying only sold to adults was not only pointless but dangerous ,i sent the advert to trading standards in the nearest town to the seller but so far he trades on :rolleyes:

paypall makes it even easier ,no payee's name in crayon on the postal order to make the seller suspicious of the buyer.

Edited by chesters1

Seen the same cutters in Lidl's here in France and I have to be honest i would have more joy using nail clippers to cut a bolt!! They are just a bit NAFF!! But how much are yours?? Ours are €3.50.

Mind you? I KNOW I could and do leave my doors unlocked when I go out here and I NEVER lock the car doors. So perhaps that is why they are selling them? No-one has ANY use for them?? ^_^^_^

Plus in France if you want to buy 'proper' knives they are readily available. Most towns will have a shop selling stuff like this on line retailer does.

http://www.fusil-calais.com/

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote