Local Lib Dems Say They Know The Cause Of Fish Stock Decline

glennk

“Local Lib Dems Say They Know The Cause Of Fish Stock Decline”

If this heading is a quote, it is one hell of a sweeping statement and insulting to anyone who has genuine knowledge of the fishing industry. To start with, the decline of fish stocks must be put down to a combination of many reasons and altering just one of these reasons is hardly guaranteed to put things right. If trawling is to be blamed (and I have never been a fan of certain types of trawling) what type of the many different methods is to be banned? The Lib Dems are probably like most forms of politicians and want all people and all things to fit neatly into a few boxes chosen by them. In my opinion, the only sweeping statement that would cover the decline in fish stocks is bad management and a lack of concern for, or a trade off on, our fish stocks.

Good management may have seen a strict trawling restriction thirty years ago.

Again in my opinion, the Lib Dems and every other political party have as much understanding of commercial fishing - but considerably less concern about it - as the voters they are trying to catch by making such ridiculous statements as the one in this heading.

JB

Hi John and Michele

Sounds about right lets stop all uk fishermen from trawling and let the rest of europe trawl right up to the six mile limit, dare say the lib-dem's will win the election on that one

steve

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John and Michele

Sounds about right lets stop all uk fishermen from trawling and let the rest of europe trawl right up to the six mile limit, dare say the lib-dem's will win the election on that one

steve

Hi Steve,

Regarding fishing and probably most other things, since we entered Europe it has been strict rules for us and few or no rules for them. My pet hate is our politicians treating the people of this country like idiots. Having been involved in many types of fishing since the sixties I feel confident that I know a little about it. But still the lying scumbag politicians try to pull the wool over the eyes of anyone who fishes. I assume this policy applies to every other industry. Give me a man who gives me respect by telling the truth and doesn’t treat me like an idiot and I will vote for him irrespective of his political affiliations.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Hi Steve,

Regarding fishing and probably most other things, since we entered Europe it has been strict rules for us and few or no rules for them. My pet hate is our politicians treating the people of this country like idiots. Having been involved in many types of fishing since the sixties I feel confident that I know a little about it. But still the lying scumbag politicians try to pull the wool over the eyes of anyone who fishes. I assume this policy applies to every other industry. Give me a man who gives me respect by telling the truth and doesn’t treat me like an idiot and I will vote for him irrespective of his political affiliations.

JB

Hi John and Michele

Well, theres not much more to add to that , I agree 100%. I have not voted for about 30 years for the above reasons, I only want to vote once more before I die and thats to come out of europe.

steve

Hi barry

Just give them some whisky and vasaline and they will not care if they win or lose the next election lol lol

steve

GRUESOME :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
Apparently not Steve. Ive spoken to the local lib dem candidate and that certainly isn't on the agenda or policy list. Seems like some people up here who have never even voted are contemplating putting a cross on the ballet sheet for the first time - even an x trawler man who has seen the light and describes in graphic detail the damage already done.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,232.0.html

I have read his post glen. First of all I was working licence more or less the same time. I have fished there since, it’s still there I can assure you. If it was not there then how come all the ground of Whitby is not like a snooker top table? The reason that we started getting over (license) that particular piece of hard ground was because we modified our gear to do so. This modification came with years of practice and experiments. Fishermen are very determined when it comes to getting over hard ground with a trawl. They don’t try and flatten it in order to be able to catch fish on it.

If indeed there is no hard ground left of Whitby because of trawling then what is the point in banning trawling now? Are they expecting the ground to grow back?

??? I should direct your questions at Miss Exely-Moore John after all its their policy. I only brought you the story.

http://scarboroughandwhitbylibdems.org.uk/

Thanks for the link, i was a little bit bemused in the first sentence, 'thank you for doubling their vote and asks you to make your vote count'. They will need to double it again and more to ever get the vote to mean anything. They came second, what a waste of votes.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
??? I should direct your questions at Miss Exely-Moore John after all its their policy. I only brought you the story.

http://scarboroughandwhitbylibdems.org.uk/

If you had not of bared me from your one sided un democratic forum, then I would of gone on and told a few home truths. Cannot be having that can we? Is your forums resident ex-trawlerman the same one who use to put conveyor belts in his nets to catch more undersize fish? Tell him to drop me an e-mail. I look forward to having a chat with him. I problee sailed with him at some time.

regards.

If you had not of bared me from your one sided un democratic forum, then I would of gone on and told a few home truths. Cannot be having that can we? Is your forums resident ex-trawlerman the same one who use to put conveyor belts in his nets to catch more undersize fish? Tell him to drop me an e-mail. I look forward to having a chat with him. I problee sailed with him at some time.

regards.

Hi John,

Maybe this alleged ex-commercial fisherman came from the same stable as “Dogger Bank German Bight” and “Billy Bongo”, to name but a few.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Guest challenge
Hi John,

Maybe this alleged ex-commercial fisherman came from the same stable as “Dogger Bank German Bight” and “Billy Bongo”, to name but a few.

JB

I don’t know john? Was licence still there when we had a go on it last summer with some of the short 10 and 12 hour trips?

Licence was always ok for the odd basket or two of green and you tended to get a good mixture of whiting through it. If everybody else was on a kit an hour, on the home beats (back of rock, tramlines etc) you would better them across licence if the weather permitted you do fish it. I like most deck hands hated it because of the lack of sleep and the amount of time you spent with a needle in your hand.

You had to be desperate to spend a full week fishing it.

When they talk about horsepower what they forget to mention is that horse power may get you over the ground, but if you have not got fish in your net to keep it clear of the ground then there won’t be much of a net left when it comes to hauling it.

short sweeps, a headline full of cans, only the middle section tied down, short warp, double back strops and never tow afore the tide. O yes and plenty of spare shooter and disks and away you go. :headhurt::headhurt:

Regards.