Labour wins again - future of our seas now????

Tel

Now that labour are in for another term what do you all think to our sea fish stocks, will they improve of will they decline????

Cheers

KIR ;0)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i should imagine any deals that were going to be struck before the election will remain the same after it, as usual. leon and the guys may find they will be talking to different people though, because of the cabinet re-shuffle that usually follows. no more bradshaw id expect................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest stevie cop

Well they haven't got to worry about getting our votes now, so I don't suppose we'll see much happening for the next four or five years.

We will see a licence fee introduced though. Gordon Brown is still salivating over the thought of all that money that he'll get..............for nothing!

Still, it might save him from theiving any more from our pensions.

Labours win was on the cards, thankfuly they did not get another huge majority which would hav resulted in major fleecing of the working classes. I'm not a high rate tax payer, support a wife and 3 children and only holiday etc thanks to parents.

Where does the tax take go.

1) Woman I know with 3 children ( husband ran off with younger model ) gets a "nice" house paid for ( in very posh and expensive Locks Bottom ), council tax paid etc plus far, far more disposable income than my wife and I, who both work. Hell she can afford a cleaner and a holiday in Spain each year !! Sh*t.

2) Ex colleague. Got himself sacked about 8 years ago. Why? to become his wifes gardian. He had found out he was better off . . council housing cost's, council tax paid, mobility car etc.

His wife in a bad way? No sight heart condition which is not restrictive. Had to demand he stopped visiting our premises as his gloating was upsetting everyone ( and me ).

Support I agree with, there are many in our society today who need our assistance, but things have gone to far. We must be rewarded for our own work. At present if you earn loads your OK or if you earn peanuts your OK. Somewhere in the middle and your stuffed mate.

( no it's not the wine talking but it helps .. )

Andrew Boyd

On the future of our seas we have to wait and see who sits in what seat.

The charter that was drawn up prior to the election is still in place and it is up to everyone to keep piling on the pressure.

This election is over but there will be another in four years and Labour now know they have to pick up some brownie points or loose the next one.

I personally will take an optimistic view it keeps me in a happy frame of mind, life is far to short to spend it moaning.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

If something positive was done tomorrow, it would take years to build up depleted stocks. some scientists believe it's too late already.

I am convinced that I won't see any improvement in sea fishing in my lifetime, whatever measures are taken. One thing is for sure, you will not stop other countries breaking quotas and plundering our fish stocks.

Guest stevie cop

The donkey work has already been done Steve. Now it's a matter of waiting for them to deliver. Letters and emails won't do any harm, but they've already promised us the earth. I'm still waiting for something to actually happen though! I just hope the fish have lots of patience too!