Porgy Capture, North of Scotland

Norrie

I`ve never fished Mauritius Norm but my buddy goes (or did go) twice a year for the past 10-12 years normally 5 days on the boat. His catches have gone from 5 or 6 good marlin boated for the week to his last trip, one hooked and lost and not another seen. He`s even paid the crew to return fish before now. Doubt if he is going back, Bob & Tony have more blues than Mauritius nowadays and whites like mackeral shoals attacking lures and they are all catch and release. That`ll do me fine and only 3hr flight away from sconnie botland. :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I`ve never fished Mauritius Norm but my buddy goes (or did go) twice a year for the past 10-12 years normally 5 days on the boat. His catches have gone from 5 or 6 good marlin boated for the week to his last trip, one hooked and lost and not another seen. He`s even paid the crew to return fish before now. Doubt if he is going back, Bob & Tony have more blues than Mauritius nowadays and whites like mackeral shoals attacking lures and they are all catch and release. That`ll do me fine and only 3hr flight away from sconnie botland. :thumbs: :thumbs:

:clap2: Must be even closer to Hampshire then, when are we going to do a tackle test? :clap2:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Feb 24 2007, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->:clap2: Must be even closer to Hampshire then, when are we going to do a tackle test? :clap2:

Dont know about you Norm, but I`m doing a tackle test 10th - 16th Sept inclusive :clap2::thumbs: :thumbs:

:clap2: Where, how much, anything elseI need to know, like, can I come please. :rolleyes:

just getting back to the original thread ('cos I'm not jealous, at all :) )

If fisheries protection got the evidence would they actually do anything?

If they would is it worth booking a trip with the skipper in question, participate in the ridiculous killing of a shark if lucky enough to catch one, and then shop the git?

At least that way it might put an end to his stupid ways.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

If they would is it worth booking a trip with the skipper in question, participate in the ridiculous killing of a shark if lucky enough to catch one, and then shop the git?

:schmoll: Problem is, if the skipper claimed that he sold the fish at your request, you could end up with a bigger fine than he did, and kicked out of all the angling organisations as a criminal. :schmoll:

I am not sure of the law but this May be considered entrapment

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Evidently not.. they ARE aware of what is going on and not only this it is going on right under the noses of the fisheries office. :(

I certainly wound'nt concider giving that guy any money.. even if it was a means to an end :(

given his track record.. it probably wont :(

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"