Just to say Hello

Team Man

Welcome aboard Team Man, you might like to cut your teeth giving us older members a bit of support on the mobil phone thread, someone is trying to get us banned from driving :lol::lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're flippin' noisy at times, I know that much :headhurt:

Will you be going to Crufts in a couple of weeks? I was hoping to get there as an observer this year and give a bit of support to a couple of the sams on the other forum, but it would cost too much - not only to get there, but also I'd want to buy most of the stuff they have for sale there! (we didn't know it at the time but ours was eligible for Crufts when we first got him - if we'd known, we would have entered him just for the experience!).

How good are Elkhounds with kids? The fact that sammies are very good with children was the main reason we went for the breed in the first place (I was just a kid at the time....)

Btw, I don't live too far from Spalding either, just on the other side of the Humber.

Take care, John

Noisy! Yes when they are exited but most of the time they are quiet, they are very good with kids but then most hound breeds are.

No I won't be going to crufts but my wife Jackie will be going on hound day, thats the Saturday.

What is the name of the kennels you got your Samoyed from.

We have shown in Beverley and at the Humberside hounds before they moved to snaith

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

Welcome aboard Team Man, you might like to cut your teeth giving us older members a bit of support on the mobil phone thread, someone is trying to get us banned from driving :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you Ken, I havn't had a look at mobile phone thread yet

Alan

Noisy! Yes when they are exited but most of the time they are quiet, they are very good with kids but then most hound breeds are.

No I won't be going to crufts but my wife Jackie will be going on hound day, thats the Saturday.

What is the name of the kennels you got your Samoyed from.

We have shown in Beverley and at the Humberside hounds before they moved to snaith

The Samoyeds are judged on the Friday this year, if the Elkhounds were on the same day I was going to get those on the other forum to go and support your pup as well :)

Our latest hassling pest is from Samgold in Corby. They reckoned that Red wouldn't make the grade as an adult (even though he'd won several firsts in the puppy class) and were persuaded to part with him. Luckily we were the benefactors.

Please, don't ask why we have a white dog called Red.... :rolleyes:;)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

The Samoyeds are judged on the Friday this year, if the Elkhounds were on the same day I was going to get those on the other forum to go and support your pup as well :)

Our latest hassling pest is from Samgold in Corby. They reckoned that Red wouldn't make the grade as an adult (even though he'd won several firsts in the puppy class) and were persuaded to part with him. Luckily we were the benefactors.

Please, don't ask why we have a white dog called Red.... :rolleyes:;)

Jackie hasn't shown at Crufts for nearly 5 years although we have had dogs qualify each year, She say's its a long day to keep an outdoor dog benched all day, you are not allowed to remove a dog untill 5pm and if you have been there since early morning, its too much for hound and handler, especialy when you are getting on a bit

We have one called Saxon although he's Norwegian, ......I once knew a Zebra called "Spot"

Samgold have one called Ruby Tuesday, so they may have had a litter starting "R", a lot of breeders name their litters in alpherbetical order, the next litter all the names would start with an "S"

If I knew how to put a Photo on here, I would show you our tribe.

Dogs are great time wasters

Alan

Hi Team Man and welcome.

After you have 15 posts you can use the forum photo storage/display feature (along with PMs and a few other items).

Until then, if you have a photobucket account, the forum will display the link that has [ i m g ] 'tags'. If you do not use photobucket, you can click on my ID and send me an email. I'll then give you my direct email address and will be happy to post any photo you want to attach.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Team Man and welcome.

After you have 15 posts you can use the forum photo storage/display feature (along with PMs and a few other items).

Until then, if you have a photobucket account, the forum will display the link that has [ i m g ] 'tags'. If you do not use photobucket, you can click on my ID and send me an email. I'll then give you my direct email address and will be happy to post any photo you want to attach.

Hi Newt,

Thank you for that, yes I have a photobucket account, so yes I could use that, at the moment I think its Bye Bye's time.

Thank you all

Alan

welcome on board team man ,

keep posting you'll soon get your count up

were none of us experts were always learning new things from each other.. :thumbs:

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Jackie hasn't shown at Crufts for nearly 5 years although we have had dogs qualify each year, She say's its a long day to keep an outdoor dog benched all day, you are not allowed to remove a dog untill 5pm and if you have been there since early morning, its too much for hound and handler, especialy when you are getting on a bit

We have one called Saxon although he's Norwegian, ......I once knew a Zebra called "Spot"

Samgold have one called Ruby Tuesday, so they may have had a litter starting "R", a lot of breeders name their litters in alpherbetical order, the next litter all the names would start with an "S"

I agree, that is a long time to keep any dog cooped up. I've been to other shows before where they allow dogs in in the morning, and the bitches in the afternoon, and everything is over by 3.00pm. I suppose that with so many breeds to judge, they have to do it like that or else they'll still be judging at midnight!

Ruby Tuesday is Red's mum :D It's not to do with alphabetical order, it's just that when they're born, they are each marked with a different coloured marker - ours got the lipstick called Simply Red. His big sister is Scarlet O'Hara, and the boy they bred to replace him is called Blue.... Actually Singing the Blues - he's making a name for himself on the show circuit now :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I agree, that is a long time to keep any dog cooped up. I've been to other shows before where they allow dogs in in the morning, and the bitches in the afternoon, and everything is over by 3.00pm. I suppose that with so many breeds to judge, they have to do it like that or else they'll still be judging at midnight!

Ruby Tuesday is Red's mum :D It's not to do with alphabetical order, it's just that when they're born, they are each marked with a different coloured marker - ours got the lipstick called Simply Red. His big sister is Scarlet O'Hara, and the boy they bred to replace him is called Blue.... Actually Singing the Blues - he's making a name for himself on the show circuit now :)

Hello John,

The reason you can’t take a dog out of Crufts before 5pm because the Kennel Club who run Crufts charge the public to come in to see the dogs so want the dogs on show all day even though you pay to enter your dog(s) yourself.

Even if you are not being judged until later in the day, it pays to get there early otherwise you have to park so far away and it is a long way to get your dogs and equipment into the show. Jackie would always aim to be there about 7.30, that means a very early start.

A few pictures of our dogs

Guess-who-has-the-Biscuits.jpg

Saxoninsnowhead.jpg

BWElliVarg.jpg

Varghead.jpg

I can't believe I'm on a fishing site and all I've talked about is dogs........Perhaps I'll start on Speedway next

Alan