A Recreational Sea Angling Strategy

nick

Will the minutes of the last Strategy meeting be made public anytime soon?

If so, where and when can I obtain a copy?

Cheers

I was expecting a copy of the minutes to be ready on 5th March, but haven't seen them yet.

Try contacting DEFRA's Coastal Waters Policy Branch

Contact details at: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Useful-Information-...ontacts/28.html

(I believe that Glenn has asked for these under the Freedom of Information Act, perhaps he has a copy?)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lesson would be in future to make requests on paper and record the postage.

You might get you knuckles gently rapped!

(on another matter)

Thank you for your electronic letter dated 6 February 2007.

Given the number of questions in the letter, and the manner in which they have been made, I

have decided to treat the communication as a Freedom of Information request. That way,

there can be no misunderstanding on either side..........................

................a quick telephone call to this office could have easily produced all the information required, without the necessity for a bureaucratic written response. I am very pleased to discuss issues of interest with you and other RSA representatives, in the same way as I do for other sectors when requested.

I had two recorded letters back in response to my email!

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2000/20000036.htm

RNLI Shoreline Member

Cheers

And also, what is the timescale for the strategy now? When will the new one be ready, and will there be a meeting to discuss it before it goes any further?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

And also, what is the timescale for the strategy now? When will the new one be ready, and will there be a meeting to discuss it before it goes any further?

See: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...Next_Steps.html

RNLI Shoreline Member

Cheers

Just spoke to DEFRA.

The person responsible for producing the minutes is out of the office for a few days, and because people tend to leave it to the last minute to return comments, it was felt best to leave it to her return tomorrow before sending out the final version.

So, I'm told that they should be ready some time tomorrow.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Just received Draft 4. I note that much of Item 5 regarding Angling Controls is still intact and it now Clearly states that a licence is under consideration and Bag limits remain in the equation too.

I must say these are the 2 most important points to me and it looks like little has changed.

Don't know what other people think who have read draft 4 ? Is it Improved ? Is it a fine effort as described by Richard Ferre ?

Am I right in thinking that the angling reps were given 4 hours to respond to draft 4 ? Or have I read that wrong ?

Will sea anglers be given the chance to respond to Draft 4 or will the draft now become The consultation document ?

Once again Glenn I have to remind you that these draft documents are simply the pre-cursor to the document which will be circulated for consultation.

It should be out in the early summer.

There will be a 12 week consultation period.

But you know that because you received an email giving the details this morning.

Why do you believe that DEFRA want to involve 2 million anglers in agreeing the drafts of a document that they intend to publish?

We are fortunate that due to the hard work of several organisations over the past several years RSA now gets some input to these drafts. If this had happened even 5 years ago the first chance for anglers to have any input would have been when the final document comes out. At least this way (please read the joint response) it has been possible to make it very clear that:

7.There is still a high level of suspicion and concern over the emphasis on bag limits. I must repeat that this would only acceptable to anglers as part of a justifiable and balanced conservation programme affecting all interested stakeholders.

The various RSA reps are trying very hard to get the message across. But we will not get it all our own way in this document.

Once it is out for consultation we have a real chance to influence things. Once again it will mean some serious letter writing - contacting MP's Ministers etc Through RSA organisations, clubs associations etc., but most of all as individuals.

Don't forget MP's rely on our support. If we could even get 100,000 anglers to put pen to paper then we may achieve the results that everyone would like to see.

More and bigger fish in the sea - and who knows maybe no licence or bag limits at all. But if there is the usual level of apathy we will get what we get.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?