Time to move on

Guest long-trotter

Guest long-trotter

I have enjoyed my time on the forum but it is now time to move on. I am saddened that the moderators have seen the post outlining my concerns and have failed to respond. As a Police Officer my reputation and integrity means everything to me, I feel the way the forum is being moderated leaves that reputation and integrity compromised by doubt . Instead of removing the offending posts and locking the thread they have chosen to remove the whole thread which intimates the whole thread was offensive.

I have enjoyed my time on the forum, I was glad to help out with advice to those with problems. A lot of People are very standoffish when they know your plod especially A Traffic Officer, all the people I have interacted with on the forum and via Pm have been big enough to see beyond the uniform which for me is appreciated

Admin/Moderators could you please delete my Account.

Regards Anthony.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony

Dont let them wind you up I have always found your posts informative and useful, and my all ready high opinion of the Police (my dad was a copper for thirty years), has risen as a result of your posts.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest Rabbit

Anthony

I will echo Tony's words. You are obviously a good officer and a nice guy, with a sense of humour.

Perhaps it was inevitable.

If you were insulted by having a topic removed, I suspect you would be more insulted if this request were ignored. ID removed.

Feel free to open another one and rejoin us if you ever feel like it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, I think something needs explaining here, Long Trotter wrote "My main reason for asking for clarity on why the 'I Love My Country' thread was removed, is as most people know I am a Police Officer and I would hate to think people are thinking I inspired a racist thread.

He could loose his job and worse for making a single racist comment, the Police in this country are paranoid on the subject of racism and if it were to find it's way back to his station that he had alledgedly made a racist comment or as he says inspired a racist thread it would most certainly result in his suspension pending an enquiry, an investigation and the very real possibility of loosing his job.

He was not in the least worried about a post being removed IMHO, more the reason for it's removal and as he had asked why it was removed without reply his decision to leave was inevitable and with knowledge of the PC attitude prevalent here it was forseable.

Its been the case that closed topics are periodically deleted to save cluttering up the forums. If someone's offended by that, then they simply shouldn't be posting on this or any forum on the internet.

This forums mods/admin/rules are a LOT more relaxed than others that I visit, where even saying "crap" will get you banned.

What a lot of member have to realise is that the mod and admins have a massive responsibility over the forums, members, site and site owner, not only from the personal attacks that can happen, but from a legal point as well. We have to be careful of slander, defamation of character, libel etc etc....

What a lot of you don`t know is that my site and I was involved in a legal situation where a member post a topic about a lake on my own forums, which as far as I knew was true, but the lake owner didn`t like what was posted. They then decided to get his lawyers involved without contacting myself beforehand to have the topic removed, but no, I had letters going from and to his lawyers.

In the end I had to back down and remove the post as I was liable for the information on the forums. Thats one of the reasons I has a very comprehensive set of terms and conditions made up by my lawyers so that anyone who registers on my site are accountable for their own actions and none of the blame can fall back on me.

Below are excerpts from my sites T`s & C`s

All posts are property of the poster. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.

There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.

Personal messages can and will be read by the forum administration, at any time. If read and there is anything that could be damaging to Carp Fishing UK or the site administrators, moderators or members then that person will be warned and posting rights will be previewed by a moderator before showing up on the forum.

I just think people need to lighten up and not take everything so damn seriously.

Si believe me I know the grief you get as a mod, I am a mod on a sea fishing forum myself. I get plenty on there and have thought long and hard about my continual involvement due to the grief I get for trying to keep the site "legal".

I posted the explanation on Long Trotters decision not to cause grief but simply to explain to Newt why he made his decision to leave, I presume you saw the TV program on Racism in the Police force in this country, I also presume you are aware of the PC attitude prevalent in our UK society. If a reason why his post was removed was not forthcoming then he had no choice but to dissacociate himself from the site in an effort to limit the potential damage he could suffer.

I have been here for 5 years I think and not posted that much, in the main I have always tried to help, this post was also meant to help as I really think a simple PM or open post to Long Trotter would have allayed his fears instead of backing him into a corner with but one option.

I sincerely hope the explanation will be sent to him via email, better late than never, and I hope in turn he will return as a valued member. All he wanted to know was that he had not instigated a thread that reverted to racism, I honestly think that is not too much to ask knowing his present employment. How long would it take to send him a pm, how long did your reply to this thread take, how long did Newt's reply telling him his account was deleted take?

This is probably the longest post I have made here, Hopefully you will take it in the spirit it is intended, if not then I am sorry to have taken up more of your time.