Help desperately needed!

Janet

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that advice.

I've just created two accounts with limited access, which we'll use from now on.

Hopefully though, this scare will be enough to make us a lot more careful in the future!

Janet

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

glad you are sorted Janet

I always come to the guys here at the first sign of a problem,I dread to think how stupid I was when I first joined six years ago,Like you I have improved somewhat through making mistakes but these guys never let you down ,someone will always sort you out.

And most importantly they never make you feel like an idiot!!!!!

Judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Hi Janet ..

"So far as I can tell, all traces of their nasty, invasive little files has gone. However, knowing my luck, it may be back....fingers crossed? However, I've rebooted my PC several times, and upon doing a search, there's no sign of them."

How about making a system restore point now that you are clean ? You can call it whatever you like, and if the little b*gger returns again you can hopefully just restore back to the clean time. :D:D

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Excellent advice Mr W. I've done as you advised.

Although it's been a nightmare of a week, I'm quite impressed at how much I've learned over the past few days.

Way back in the early eighties I used to build PC's from scratch, and write programs for them. However, after nearly ten years out of the business, it's absolutely amazing how little I now know!

Janet