Idiot swimmimg in the lake

maidstonemike

Walking with my daughter and my 17month old grandson around my local training lake today, and came accross a bunch of about 7 loudmouthed idiots from a scaffolding firm. Lots of f...ing as we walked by, no manners at all in front of women or children.

Next thing I hear a cheer as one of the idiots stripped off and went for a swim.

He swam out to a marker, about 40 mtrs. Swearing all the time about how f..ing cold the water was.

I met a warden along the path, and told him. He shot off on his gator, hopefully to give them a right b*********g.

That's if the idiot didn't get cramp and drown. The water temp of the lake is about 6C. He had some balls to go in, but I bet they were smaller when he came out :rolleyes:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now in them there olden days, that situation would have been called natural selection....numpty takes a paddle and doesn't come back.

We used to get blokes like that in the army all the time. I once watched a numpty playing with a LAW (like a bazooka) that failed to fire. After pulling the trigger a few times, he drops it to his feet and tilts it to look down the tube (barrel)! I expect that he was assuming that the rocket had vanished :wallbash:

I once watched a numpty playing with a LAW (like a bazooka) that failed to fire. After pulling the trigger a few times, he drops it to his feet and tilts it to look down the tube (barrel)! I expect that he was assuming that the rocket had vanished

Luckily a LAW does not arm until the projectile has traveled over 20 meters so you were safe enough. The idiot's head would have slowed it down enough to prevent it ever going live and killing all around him.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Luckily a LAW does not arm until the projectile has traveled over 20 meters so you were safe enough. The idiot's head would have slowed it down enough to prevent it ever going live and killing all around him.

Yeah, but a LAW is a rocket - the warhead may not arm itself but the rocket will still take your head off.

Which LAW was this? The '66 (M72A1?) had the little arming lever that you pulled forward on the top, then you squeezed down on the black rubber-encased bar on the top. I recall being told that often the electronic circuits that fired the rocket would corrode thus rendering it unusable. Can't for the life of me recall the procedures for a misfire. I once heard PIRA fired one in ulser from inside a transit. And fried. Backblast is another safety issue.....

I also recall my eyes being pulled out, my balls lifting up into my abdomen, and seeing the hits at what seemed the same instant. I also watched helplessly as a CSM went purple and exploded at an Irishman by the name of Hogan in the next emplacement who had misinterpreted the instructions and instead of blasting the battered hulks 400m away had in fact targeted the hessian tank screen used for the 84 Carl Gustav and burnt it to a cinder when it had provided sufficient to set off the graze fuse. Laugh? I nearly shat myself. A couple of days later the same numpty went off in an ambulance having left the palm of his hand on a Jimpy which had just fired 600 rounds and which he had grabbed like a rifle, ie around the barrel. I was next on the rsange, same weapon, and had to put up with the smell of him cooking the more I fired (simulated section attack on a bunker). Often wonder what happened to Hogan - commissioned most likely.....

Anyway, I swim in the river sometimes, and the sea. A friend (German, so I need say no more) swims in the sea this time of year, has for years. I'm not quite ready to dip my toes yet though.....

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Oi ! Not all ruperts were tossers. I myself was the most gifted Para you'll ever meet.

We could swap gore and stupidity stories for ages, but i'll reserve them for PMs - not everyone wants to be bored by us aged armchair warriors :rolleyes:

Marc

Oi ! Not all ruperts were tossers. I myself was the most gifted Para you'll ever meet.

We could swap gore and stupidity stories for ages, but i'll reserve them for PMs - not everyone wants to be bored by us aged armchair warriors :rolleyes:

Marc

Marc, I am clearly the younger, Sir! reserve stupidity stories for PM's? Like Blair you mean? Yes, they'd take some beating.

Must say that my platoon and company commanders were very good, and PC I'd have folowed anywhere, and the second CO we had was held in high esteem by everyone INCLUDING the RSM.

And I'd never dream of criticising a Para Officer. Nor a Para. Was never up to anywhere near that standard myself.

Best regards, Mark

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Gawd help us I can feel Khaki Kayaks coming on!! :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Marc, I am clearly the younger, Sir! reserve stupidity stories for PM's? Like Blair you mean? Yes, they'd take some beating.

Must say that my platoon and company commanders were very good, and PC I'd have folowed anywhere, and the second CO we had was held in high esteem by everyone INCLUDING the RSM.

And I'd never dream of criticising a Para Officer. Nor a Para. Was never up to anywhere near that standard myself.

Best regards, Mark

What standard? from what I saw from the hatch of my tank was all you little grunting piggies running around jumping puddles or trying to cook compo on a little hexi burner :D fnar fnar :thumbs:

Just kidding boys, don't get the lads round or anything he he :thumbs:

SDD~~~ :sun: