marine white paper

Hi Barry

So your bass do not swim out to the other side of the six miles at some time of the year then, where they then fall under European law and bass HOVERS such as French pair teams

I better come fishing with you then :thumbs::clap2::thumbs: We could go bass fishing 12 months of the year then.

That means that could I throw away all my other gear and fishing methods,

Which are

bass trawls,sole trawlers,mixed fish trawls, mid water single boat trawls and trible rig trawl

scollop dredges oyster dregdes, double drum trawl winch and 3 spilt drum winches

bass longlines and trot lines and longline hauler

bass gill setnet, bass trammels net, bass drift net, bass ringnet

sole tangle,trammel and cross tide trammel

ray nets and cod gills along with net hauler and net clearing and stowing machine

and last but not leasted one brother sewing machine that i sew all my set nets together with while watching tv my wife will be pleased.

so where do we catch all these bass inside the 6 miles then :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

steve

Hi steve

Perhaps you should have a word with mr george and ask him how he as been doing ripping up the inshore grounds inside the six mile with he's big trawler.

The MFA press release on the case follows:

BRIXHAM BEAMER TO PAY £10,300 AFTER LOG BOOK OFFENCES AND FISHING

INSIDE THE

SIX MILE LIMIT OFF SUSSEX

Karl George, 43, owner and skipper of the Brixham beam trawler Angus

Rose,

was fined a £6,500 with a further £3,800 costs, by Brighton

magistrates on

March 29th after pleading guilty to 17 log book offences and fishing

inside the

protected six mile limit off Hastings.

In a joint prosecution by the Marine Fisheries Agency and the Sussex

Sea

Fisheries Committee, Mr. George, of Orchard Grove, Brixham, was fined

£300 for

each log book offence making a total of £5,100. He was fined a further

£1,400 for

fishing inside the six mile limit.

In an interview submitted to the court, Mr. George admitted to Marine

Fisheries inspectors that he never filled his log book until the end of

a fishing

trip. The rules state that he is required to do so by midnight every

night.

Magistrates told Mr. George that he had had sufficient warnings in the

past

about log book offences. And that there were good reasons for logging

requirements. They were for the protection of fish stocks and proper

information

regarding fishing activity.

Prosecuting for the Marine Fisheries Agency and the Sussex Sea

Fisheries

Committee, David Buck, said a large vessel like the Angus Rose fishing

inside the

six mile limit had a damaging impact on the marine environment and

in-shore

fish stocks.

Magistrates said it was clear that the Angus Rose had consistently

fished

within the six mile limit and there was no excuse for it because

sophisticated

equipment on board showed Mr. George exactly where he was.

Mr. George claimed the log book offences were “minor clerical

errors†and hi

s encroachment inside the six mile limit was because he was

short-handed and

tired.â€

Magistrates said that after previous warnings and a small fine and a

conditional discharge in the past it was time to impose a significant

financial

penalty.

Paul Johnson, senior MFA fisheries officer based at Shoreham said:

“This case

shows the Marine Fisheries Agency and the Sussex Sea Fisheries

Committee

working in partnership to enforce the

rules which are designed preserve the inshore marine environment and

fish s

tocks.â€

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/quote

Hi Barry

my last paragraph should have read "once the uk bass have gone out past the six mile" we both know that the french can not legally fish inside the six mile. dont we

As to the other points you have raised they have already been answered in other posts.

As I said early I will call it a day.

All the best barry

kind regards steve

Mornin Steve, please don't stop on my account i do look forward to a robust 'disscussion'.

This one will run for a while i think.

All the very best to you and kind regards.

Hi Barry

The only reason I said that I would call it a day was I felt it went to its conclusion, and we all get fed up if things go around and round.

I felt we both said our bit, end of story whats next lol

regards steve

Hi steve

Perhaps you should have a word with mr george and ask him how he as been doing ripping up the inshore grounds inside the six mile with he's big trawler.

INSIDE THE

Rose,

magistrates on

inside the

Sea

£300 for

£1,400 for

a fishing

night.

past

information

Fisheries

inside the

in-shore

fish stocks.

fished

sophisticated

errors†and hi

short-handed and

tired.â€

financial

penalty.

“This case

Committee

fish s

tocks.â€

The bit about being tired and short handed was a little weak. Good job he wasn't an airline pilot. Is this one of the guys who wants the cake, the shop and all the crumbs. These are the guys who give the industry a bad name. Bet the hastings guys wern't very happy about this one. I did not see any confiscation of the gear or fish so he got off lightly?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi steve

INSIDE THE

Rose,

magistrates on

inside the

Sea

£300 for

£1,400 for

a fishing

night.

past

information

Fisheries

inside the

in-shore

fish stocks.

fished

sophisticated

errors†and hi

short-handed and

tired.â€

financial

penalty.

“This case

Committee

fish s

tocks.â€

Hi stavey

Whats this got to do with me.

If you are asking my veiw on it then it would be this.

I like most fishmen work as in accordance with the law.

Fisheries management policies that are put into place for the protection and conservation of our fisheries are only affective as in accordance with the policing of these fisheries, sadly in this country but more so in other member states the policing of the fisheries is grossly inadequate.

I believe that a better deterrant should be put in place it would be more effective if for the above breach of law instead of that small fine the punishment should be forfiet of one months fishing time for first offence and increasing with any further offences, fines do not seem to work

I will say everyoone has got its share of rotten apples, except anglers I suppose?

regards steve

It always makes me laugh Stavey when it mentions how many times these people have been warned in the past. Could you imagine someone getting caught robbing someones house and the investigating officer saying "well we will let you off this time but don't do it again"

Any idea how many times this person was warned prior to being prosecuted ?

Hi stavey

Whats this got to do with me.

If you are asking my veiw on it then it would be this.

I like most fishmen work as in accordance with the law.

Fisheries management policies that are put into place for the protection and conservation of our fisheries are only affective as in accordance with the policing of these fisheries, sadly in this country but more so in other member states the policing of the fisheries is grossly inadequate.

I believe that a better deterrant should be put in place it would be more effective if for the above breach of law instead of that small fine the punishment should be forfiet of one months fishing time for first offence and increasing with any further offences, fines do not seem to work

I will say everyoone has got its share of rotten apples, except anglers I suppose?

regards steve

Hi steve

Thanks for your honest opinion about mr george's practices, its all plain to everyone that the fishing industry has a lot of mr george's in its ranks would you agree? and as you say the the real problem comes down to proper enforcement of rules by sfc's, but lets not kid our selves here, there is know way in this world that an sfc officer is going to nick a fellow committee member or an associate of one is there, unless he is told, the fact that mr george does not come from this area gives you an idea why he got his collar felt maybe and it came down to all the damage he may have caused on the local under ten's potting gear and valuable fish stocks like sole and bass? who knows steve the real enemy maybe within itself? cheers.......

It always makes me laugh Stavey when it mentions how many times these people have been warned in the past. Could you imagine someone getting caught robbing someones house and the investigating officer saying "well we will let you off this time but don't do it again"

Any idea how many times this person was warned prior to being prosecuted ?

Hi glen

Its hilarious at times i do agree, i dont know the whole story other than whats in the press release but i know that the sfc's officers use the warning method as there main weapon like i have said before, and people like steve g knows, prosicutions are very very rare and when they are brought about the fines are pathetic as you know, i realy do hope that the mfa and local sfc's start to get there priority's and general sh*t sorted out in the future and start thinking about the majority of its tax paying public that pays there wages and not a few influential commercial boys that still run the roosts on a lot of these committees etc, cheers.......

Hi steve

Thanks for your honest opinion about mr george's practices, its all plain to everyone that the fishing industry has a lot of mr george's in its ranks would you agree? and as you say the the real problem comes down to proper enforcement of rules by sfc's, but lets not kid our selves here, there is know way in this world that an sfc officer is going to nick a fellow committee member or an associate of one is there, unless he is told, the fact that mr george does not come from this area gives you an idea why he got his collar felt maybe and it came down to all the damage he may have caused on the local under ten's potting gear and valuable fish stocks like sole and bass? who knows steve the real enemy maybe within itself? cheers.......

Hi stavey

I am afraid that there are one or two, well more than that Mr George's about, sadly with these larger vessels it is a case of quota v economics the fact is if the deterrant was great enough it would not happen.

Unless your SFC is differant to mine, I would say your veiw regarding them is distorted, my SFC which is the Southern Sea Fisheries will and does prosecute any and all commercial fishermen that they catch breaking the byelaws only trouble you only see them once in a blue moon.

What has lead you to believe that commercials and the SFC are in cahoots with each other,

regards steve

Hi stavey

I am afraid that there are one or two, well more than that Mr George's about, sadly with these larger vessels it is a case of quota v economics the fact is if the deterrant was great enough it would not happen.

Unless your SFC is differant to mine, I would say your veiw regarding them is distorted, my SFC which is the Southern Sea Fisheries will and does prosecute any and all commercial fishermen that they catch breaking the byelaws only trouble you only see them once in a blue moon.

What has lead you to believe that commercials and the SFC are in cahoots with each other,

regards steve

Well steve, maybe its just the sfc in my area that has large trawler owners on its committee as well as under ten boys anyway they and the fish merchants that they supply (who also have bums on seats) outweigh the one active rsa rep we have many times over, i dont need to explain my sceptisism now do i? it also does not help imo that the chief fisheries officer is an ex commercial himself so maybe at times he feels a little sorry for todays fishermen and he may turn a blind eye now and then? after all he is only human.

There has been a couple of large trawlers in my local bay all winter towing away the local pots and causing all sorts of problems maybe it was mr george and a coleague or two?(this did not go unreported) anyway consequently the beach fishing has been crap this winter again no thanks to these trawlers and others that carry on doing the same thing, do you think its time for some new bylaws on trawling inside the 6 mile? like no trawling to be carried out within 2/3 mile of the shore no matter what size of vessel? cheers............

Edited by stavey