Bait Digging ?

glennk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats as we speak Dave. But moves are afoot to give powers for just about evrything to the sfc.

But the paperwork I have recieved just this morning states

"Although a review of the role and structures of the SFC's has concluded, related work has been taken forward in the Working Group on the reform of inshore management made in the prime ministers strategy unit report " Net Benefits". The ministers announcement on the future of inshore fisheries can be found at here . Whilst it is still too early too early to determine the outcome of the consultation and what it means for inshore fisheries reform, it is possible that the next term of appointment by the Secretary of State may be terminated prior to the expectedend date in 2009".

This is taken from a document posted to me this am but it is a photocopy of a document dated July 2006 . My personal interpretation of that sentence is that there wont be SFC's in the near future but time will tell and what has been sent may well be out of date.

As a sub note I have now read the link posted and and it gives the impression that the jurisdiction of the sfc's are to be increased as you point out but even that document is dated June 2006. I would be intrested in any links to updated information on this.

Cheers

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

I would be intrested in any links to updated information on this.

Have a look at section 7 of the Marine Bill White Paper

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/...per07/index.htm

(Responses to the consultation need to be in by 8th June)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust